Summary & Cast

Cast

Crystal Reed as Katelyn Fairchild

Matthew Daddario as Alec Lightwood

The Rest of the Cast as Themselves

Summary

Katelyn Fray, or Fairchild, is Clary's older sister. Katelyn, as soon as she was able to stand, was always taught to protect the youngest in her family. She never knew why her mother wanted it that way, but she went along with it because she didn't have any reason to do differently.

The girl always felt she was different. Some strange things would happen around her and she could have sworn she saw things like glowing eyes and sharp teeth on people when she knew it wasn't Halloween or that she was dreaming. She understood to an extent when she became a teen.

While she knew about this whole other world that was right under everyone's noses, she still felt different. However she pushed that feeling down, made friends and had a couple relationships. This ended up causing even more hurt in her life though. Kate didn't see, feel, or want a good amount of things that her friends did.

She was different and she didn't understand why. The people that she cared for and trusted ended up leaving the girl, and so she built up walls to herself, focusing on doing anything and everything to protect her younger sister. That was what her mother wanted. That was what she was raised to do.

What will the untrusting protector do when her mother is taken and she knows she won't be able to secure Clary's safety on her own? What will she do when she's forced to trust all these new people? 

What will she do about Alec Lightwood?

Disclaimer: I do not own shadowhunters or any of the characters. All rights go to Cassandra Clare and the creators of the tv show. I only own Katelyn and any other characters I may or may not introduce later on in the story. I hope you enjoy my story :)!

A/N: Lmaooo, I've definitely come back to this way too many times but it's fineeee. Anyway the first 5 or so chapters are short and kind of crap, but please bare with me and at least read to chapter 6 before you decide if you like this story or not. Would be very much appreciated.

I swear the writing gets better! Anyway I may or may not have rewritten the summary (again) and I may change the book title. The summary is longer, but I think it's better than what it was. Okay, if  you have actually read this, you can go read now!

Please comment and vote if you enjoy the story <33