Chapter 2

Hello dear readers, please if your enjoying my story interact by voting or commenting, it helps motivate me to write!

Clary, Simon, Maureen, and I were sitting on top of Simon's van talking. I kinda tuned out a bit.

Our mom gave Clary a stele and was going to tell Clary about the Shadow world, but Clary being Clary assumed it was a different type of talk. The birds and the bees. Mom told me she would talk to her tomorrow and had me attach a holster for a seraph blade and some daggers to my thigh and hide another dagger in my jacket, that way I could protect Clary if anything happened while we were out. Before we left I made sure to also hide my stele in my boot. (Outfit is above)

I then turned back to the conversation at hand.

"Do what I do, get all the dirt from your relatives." Maureen suggested to Clary.

"We would if we could, but she doesn't have any. And our dad died when we were younger." Clary responded.

Maureen looked over towards me with a raised eyebrow and I nodded in agreement.

"So no uncles, no aunts, no third cousins twice removed?"

"Nope. Just Clary, our mom and I."

"It's why the Lewis clan added four chairs to every seder since pre-school."

Clary and I both nodded.

"One for Clary, one for Katelyn, one for Jocelyn, and one for Elijah." Simon stated.

"Of course." Clary.

"Yes obviously." Me.

"Obviously." Simon.

"You guys don't think that's suspicious? Your mom could be keeping a big dark secret from you."

"Maureen. That's impossible. Our mother is incapable of keeping a secret from us. Right Kate?"

I hesitated slightly before answering, "Yeah. Our mom doesn't know how to keep a secret from us." I forced a tight smile as I lied.

My hand subconsciously moved to feel the seraph blade fastened to my thigh. She was keeping a secret from Clary and I was too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Forever young, I wanna be forever young

Do you really wanna live forever, forever young

Clary and I cheered loudly as the song came to an end. Simon looked at Clary intently and Maureen did the same except toward the lovesick boy himself. Both oblivious of the feelings felt for them.

"Thanks for being our roadies."

"Yeah and thanks for being our artists in residence." Simon and Maureen smiled at us as Si changed his shirt.

"Of course." We responded.

"So you went on stage as Champagne Enema"

The two band members laughed. "What were we thinking right?" Maureen asked rhetorically.

"Exactly what I've been saying, it is a horrible name!" I laughed.

"Shut up" Simon lightly punches me. "But now... we're Rock Solid Panda"

"Yeah we are!"

"I mean, it's not as bad." I shrugged. We all laughed.

"Rock Solid Panda coming right up. I'm feeling inspired. Come on Kate!"

"Coming!"

"Paint."Clary called to Simon

"Paint." He repeated, grabbing the spray paint Luke got Clary as a birthday present.

Clary looked at me beside her, "Fray sister's making yet another masterpiece together."

"Yep, the Fray sisters." We then started creating the new logo for Simon and Maureen's band.

When we were done we stepped back and I noticed that Clary painted the Angelic Power rune. Well shit.

"Hey what's that tag?" Simon asked.

"That's weird. I don't even remember drawing it. Second time today."

They then started talking about languages and all that as I zoned out, left to my own thoughts. Clary's protections are starting to wear off. I have a feeling our mom isn't going to be able to tell Clary tomorrow.

My thoughts were interrupted as I saw a blonde guy bump into Clary. And as I saw her talking, Simon and Maureen looked extremely confused. The blonde guy also looked to have tattoos, or at least that's what mundanes would think they are. They were runes. Meaning that he was a shadowhunter.

"You have the sight." The shadowhunter said, confusing Clary as I walked over.

"Hey, I don't know who you are, but I think you should leave my sister alone." I spoke with authority. Whether he was a shadowhunter or not, I didn't want him around my sister until I could trust him.

I don't want Clary to get into the same messes I did.

She gave me a look of pity and also gratefulness for stepping in. All the blond did was stare at us confused.

"How can I not know who either of you are?"

"Really?" I leered. I made sure his attention was on me before I moved my hair to the side, revealing the glamoured rune on my neck. He gave a small nod of recognition, but still was confused. Afterall, I was a shadowhunter that he's never seen before.

Clary not noticing the little exchange, continued my sentence with the assumption that he was flirting, "Has that line ever worked? Even once?"

Then someone called the blondie now known as Jace. The blond then turned around glancing back at us one last time then running off into the club.

~Edited~