2. Can I be your partner?

Flashback- 11 years ago

(Y/n) wandered the streets of a large village  picking the pockets of the wealthy citizens. It was starting to get dark so she decided to make one stop before she would find a place to stay. She walked over to a small run down building and pushed the door open. All eyes were on her, a woman approached her. "What can I do for you ma'am?", she asks. (Y/n) pulls a large bag of money from her pocket and hands it to the woman. "I want you to use this money to help the people here", (Y/n) says. The woman opens the bag and stares wide eyed into it. "There is so much", she stutters. "I grew up on the street, I know how difficult it is to obtain money. Use it for whatever, food, clothing, medicine, I don't care just as long as these people are happy". The woman hugs me and cries into my shoulder. "Thank you". I pat her head and she pulls away. Several other people approach and thank me. Some might wonder why I do this, well its because everything I've been through. No one should ever have to suffer through such things, the fear of starvation, dehydration, sickness and disease. All things that can avoided with money, to buy food, water, medicine and clothing. This was a homeless shelter. I reached into my pocket and pulled out several blankets, everyone just stared wide eyed at me. "How are you doing that Miss?", a young girl asks. "People call me pockets because I can pull anything out of them". "Pockets the thief!", everyone gasps. I nod. "I understand if you see me differently for who I am now that you know me, but please take these resources". The young girl hugs me and sobs into my chest. "I don't see you differently, what is your real name?". "My name is (Y/n)". "Will you ever come back?", she asks. I shrug my shoulders. "There are many other villages who host the homeless, I need to do what I can to help them". The young girl nods and places something in my hand. I look down and see a necklace with a fox charm on it. "I want you to have it", she says. I shake my head. "I'm sorry but I can't take anything from you". "No please have it, keep it to remember what you did for us today". I nod and put it on. After more crying and thanking me I left.

I walked out of the door into the cold dark night. The only thing that could be heard were my footsteps and the gentle howl of the wind. Then I sensed something strange. What was it? After a few minutes of walking I knew that it was a person. Why were they following me? Did they know who I am? Were they trying to arrest me? I walk into the forest and stop in a clearing. "Who are you?", I call out. I can hear someone walking towards me. I turn around and glance up at the man before me. He had spiky light blue hair, red eyes and wore a yellow and green suit jacket and pants. "I might ask you the same thing", he replies with a smirk. I don't even bother to answer. "So who are and why are you stealing from the people in that village?", he asks. I run my fingers through my (h/l) (h/c) hair and turn to walk away. "Just a thief and cause I can". "Hey come back here!", he yells coming closer. "Why should I listen to you and what do you even want?", I ask sending him a glare. " I want to be your partner". "Uh no thanks". "Just hear me out". I turn around and tap my foot impatiently. "Fine then, who are you?". "My name is Ban, the fox sin of greed". (Y/n)'s eyes widened. "One of the seven deadly sins?". He nods with a smirk. "Well uh nice meeting you Ban but I gotta go". And with that she disappeared.

I set up camp a few hours away from where I met Ban and fell asleep next to my camp fire. The next morning woke up to the smell of food. I sat up and rubbed my eyes and scowled at Ban who was sitting on the other side of the fire. "Why are you still following me?", I growl. "Woah calm down". I scowl at him and pack up my stuff and turn to leave. "Where are you going?". "Away from you". "Why?". "Because you're annoying me". "Is there anyway I can make it up to you?". "Yeah you can leave me alone", you spit, venom dripping from your words. "Here eat this", he says handing me a plate of food. I place it on the ground next to me. "I'm not hungry". Seconds later your stomach disagrees with you and lets out a loud growl. Ban chuckles and raises an eyebrow. "Are you sure about that". I glare at him and pick up the plate and begin eating, it was probably the best food I had ever had.

"What is your name?", he asks when we finish. "Why do you want to know?". "Because I told you mine". I sigh and run my fingers through my hair. "Ok my name is (Y/n) but I am more commonly known as Pockets". He smirks. "So you're Pockets the thief". "Yeah". "Can I please be your partner?". "Nope, thanks for the food, I'm leaving now". "What?! Why?!". "I have some things that I need to take care of". I walk away from him and he follows. "Why are you following me?". "Because I want to be your partner". I sigh and let him follow, I hoped that he would eventually stop but I knew that this was just the beginning.

End of flashback

I walked back to the Boar Hat with the others. Ban kept looking at me which I hated. How can he act so casual after what he did to me. That idiot. I clench my fists and then shove them in my pockets. I could feel Ban's gaze on the back of my head, why was he doing this to me?

Well here is the second chapter. This is how you met Ban, your character is very withdrawn from society and a bit of a loner. But she has a kind heart and truly does care about others. I haven't planned this story yet so its a bit all over the place in my mind but do not worry, I will get to it soon. Anyway vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD