16. The most important thing to me (Final chapter)

I wanted the kiss to last forever but eventually everything has to stop. I pulled away and looked up into his eyes. I could tell he meant this, he wasn't lying. His arms wrapped protectively around me, I missed this. Suddenly the sins all stepped out of the forest and looked at us. Ava, Hawk and Elizabeth were all there too. Ava came over and happily smiled at us, tears running down her pink cheeks. "Does this mean we get to be a family?", she asks. I tense, I had never really thought about that. Ban nodded his head. He knelt down with me and Ava joined the hug. I knew right then and there that I wasn't ever planning on leaving these two.

Timeskip- 2 months

The sins and I walked towards the castle. It had been a while since I had been here. In the past two months I had helped get both Merlin and Ban's sacred treasures and now my job was done. All I had to do now was go see the king with the sins and see what happens next. It would be rare for the king to forget about everything I've done and allow me to live in this town. I just had to prepare myself for the worst.

We walked up the castle steps and stopped, waiting for the guards to open the large wooden doors. Ava held to my right hand and Ban held her other. Some people in the castle cheered for the sins while some others didn't. I wasn't a hero here, I was just a thief. I looked around the large room, everyone who met my gaze sent me a glare. We got closer and closer to the throne where the king sat. My heart was going crazy, why was I so nervous? Well that was because this would determine my future. Would I be allowed to live here in this town with my daughter and the man I love... Or would they kick me out? Put me in jail or maybe even kill me? After all I've done there will be no surprises. When one breaks the law thy have to be ready for the consequences, no mater how terrible they are.

I looked up and saw him. The large bearded man sat in his throne, Princess Veronica and Princess Margret sat on either side of him. There were also two others, a man and a woman. The man must've been Elizabeth's brother, the prince. The woman must've been his wife or something. I walked forward with the sins and kneeled with them. "You have returned with your sacred treasure, is that correct?", he asks. The sins nod. "And I see that you've brought her with you", he says scowling at me. I meet his gaze and then quickly look away. "Why would you bring a disgusting criminal like her into my kingdom!", he yells. I felt a stabbing pain in my heart. Ava looked up at me with sad eyes. I stood and looked down at my now crying daughter. "I'm sorry sweetie but I'm going to have to leave you", I whisper. "W-what no, Mom please!", she begs. I sigh and look at Ban, trying to ignore the concerned expression on his face. "Please take care of her". "Mommy no! Please don't leave me!", she cries hugging me. The tears I tried to hold back began descending down my cheeks into the crevasse of my frown. I pry the blue haired girl off me and give her a small smile."Be good for Daddy Ok". "No please no!". Ban pulled her into a hug, ignoring the tears that ran down his own cheeks. "I'm sorry", he whispered into his daughter's hair. I look up at the large man and bow slightly. "Thank you". I then turn and begin walking away, walking away from every I love, walking away from everything I have.

I walk towards the large wooden doors, no one even bothers to open them for me. I reach out to touch the polished surface when I hear someone call out. "Wait!". I turn around and see a woman running towards me. "Beatrice what are you doing?", the king asks. She stops and wraps her arms around me. She looked familiar but I couldn't remember where I had seen her before. She seemed to be crying. She pulled away slightly and looked up at my confused face. "Do you remember me?', she asks. I take a lock her blonde hair between my fingers and shake my head. She reaches for the chain around my neck and pulls it out from inside my shirt, revealing the little fox charm. "I gave this to you 11 years ago", she says. My eyes widen and I hug her, she instantly hugs back. "Thank you for the money that you gave us, after that we were all able to get jobs and homes, we could all buy food and provide for our families and live happy lives because of you. You were the only one brave enough to risk your own life to help other able to live a happy one. Now I live here in the castle with my husband so thank you". I pull away and smile down at her as she looks over at the prince standing beside the king. "I'm happy that I got to make your life a pleasant one". I let go of her and turn towards the door again. "Please sir, she isn't a bad person. She's the reason I'm here, without her me and my family would've starved. The money she gave us bought medicine to heal my father. Without her, I would be dead". The king tapped his chin and then looked back at me. "Pockets". "Yes". "What is the most important thing to you?", he asked. I froze. As a child I would've said gold, diamonds and riches, as a teenager I would've said my sister, but now I have more than that.

"The most important thing to me are my friends and family". The king chuckles and strokes his long white beard. "I have misjudged you, in the past I only knew you as a cold hearted killer and a thief. But now I see that true reality of it all. Pockets the thief... what might your true name be?", he asks. "(Y/n)". "(Y/n) I pardon you of your crimes and give you permission to live within my kingdom but only if you accept my offer of becoming the 8th sin". My eyes widen, he wants me to be the eighth sin. "Yes, I accept". Everything after that felt like slow motion. Ava and Ban ran at me, tears running down their faces. Their arms wrapped around me, tightly, as if not ever wanting to let go. I had done it, I had gotten the most important thing to me. And now I wasn't just a thief anymore.

Here is the end! Loved writing this and thank you to all of you who followed along the way. Also I had a lot of really positive feedback which was awesome. We are currently at 3k reads which I am so happy about. Thank you all for reading, I hope you check out my other stories. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD