13. The truth

Later that night the others returned from the village. Ava was smiling and laughing, she had had so much fun. She had only ever been to Vaizel and the thieves forest, all of these new places were so exciting for her. Her and Dianne were so close and I was so happy they got along. I would be happy too if it weren't for the words Ban said to me. "I still love you". After all this time he still loves me, but why? Left me. He hurt me. And after all that he still loves me... I sigh and look out the window at the starry sky. Mama Hawk was moving now so I watched the scenery go by. I could hear Ava giggling down stairs. She was so happy, so innocent. She didn't know about her father, about Ban. She thinks that I met a man in the middle of the forest and it was love at first sight but the man died before she was born. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I remember all the lies I told her about her father. A brave man who loved his family, I would say anything to put a smile on her face. Say anything to make her not hate me, to not ever leave me alone.

I was deep in thought and didn't even hear the bedroom door open. Ava walked over to the bed and smiled as sat down on the edge of it. Her smile faded when her eyes met with mine. "Mom have you been crying?", she asks in a concerned voice. You sigh and wipe away your tears, laying down on the bed. Ava lays down as well so that you are facing each other. "Ava there is something I need to tell you". "What is it? Did something bad happen? Are you leaving me again?". You shook your head. "Nothing like that Ava". "Please tell me, I hate seeing you cry", she whispers. I giggle and smile sadly at her. "Please forgive me", I say, pulling her into a tight embrace. "W-what for?". "I lied to you". "About what?". I hesitate, biting my lip in annoyance. "I lied about your father". More tears fall. She pulls away slightly and looks up into my eyes. "I already knew". I freeze, how did she know? "How?". Ava sighs and hugs me tight. "Every time you spoke of him you started to cry and you wouldn't even tell me his name. Some times I felt bad because you told me I look like him and I was bringing back all of your bad memories, I'm sorry". I cry even harder, how can she blame herself for all of this? "It's not your fault, don't blame yourself". She nods and snuggles into me, falling asleep in my arms.

The next morning Ava woke me up, my arms were still around her. "Mom can I ask you a question about my father?", she asks. I nod my head and kiss her cheek. "Anything". "Where is he?". My entire body froze, should I tell her? "The thing is that you farther he... your father is here". Her eyes widen. "It's him isn't it". Before I can even respond Ava jumps off the bed and runs down stairs. I got up after her and run down but I was too late. Everyone stared at me with wide eyes, Ban looked like he was going to cry. "S-she's my daughter?", he stutters. I look at the ground and nod my head. Ava ran into his arms and hugged him tight. Tears streamed down their faces and smiles tugged at their lips. I was glad that Ava was happy and that was it. I sit down at one of the tables and watch the reunion from a distance. Ava and Ban were talking to each other about everything they had done in the past ten years. I tried to ignore it but it was too difficult, I had never seen Ava so happy before.

Ban's POV

We were sitting in the Boar Hat when Ava ran down stairs. I thought she was running towards Dianne or one of the girls but she didn't, instead she ran right up to me. Tears dripped down her small face as she looked up at me. "What's wrong?", I ask. "Mom says your my dad", she says. Everyone turns and looks at her wide eyed. Soon after that (Y/n) runs down the stairs and sees me with tears streaming down my own face. I had never been happier in my entire life. This was my daughter, my daughter with the woman I love. Ava hugged me and I hugged her back. She sobbed into my chest while I hid my face in her hair. Her beautiful blue hair, the blue hair that she got from me. She pulled away and looked at me with her big (e/c) eyes, the eyes she got from her mother. "I love you dad", she whispers, hugging me again.

Well just in case you didn't know Ban is your baby daddy. Lets see if you can make up after all of these asshattery. Let me know what you think about this chapter. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD