6. The thieves forest

Everyone was called into the Boar Hat for a meeting. Meliodis stood before the sins waiting for them to be quiet. "Ok everyone we are going to be traveling through a very dangerous area",he announces. "W-where?",Elizabeth asks. "The thieves forest". Elizabeth's eyes widen in shock while you just smile. "Wow, I haven't been there in a while", you say to yourself. Elizabeth looks at you. "You've been there before?"."Yeah, I lived there for a while after I broke out of prison". "Y-you went to prison". "Yup". "What for?". "Ugh murder, thievery, arson, that kind of stuff". Elizabeth moved away from me and clutched to Meliodis's arm. "Anyway we are going to need to walk through the forest, Mama Hawk will be walking another way that only she can go". We all nod and leave the Boar Hat. Mama Hawk climbed out of the ground and began walking in another direction. 

We all stood in the opening of the thieves forest. "Its so dark and scary in there", Elizabeth says. I sigh and send her a sideways glance. She was a bit dramatic for my liking but if I was helping Meliodis she was always going to be around. I walk into the forest and notice that no one else if following me. "Come on you guys,its not that bad", I say. They all sigh and walk in after me.

In the middle of the thieves forest was a small town known for its massive black market. Many people looked at me with surprise, some smirking at each other. "Good morning Lady Pockets", a man greets. I acknowledge him with a nod and continue on my way. A few other men did the same thing. I was known by everyone here and that was both a good and bad thing. Suddenly a young woman wearing very revealing clothing approaches me. "Lady Pockets do you have the medicine?", she asks. Her voice was so sweet and calming, her name was Victoria and she was forced into prostitution to pay for her and her very sick son. I reach into my pocket and pull out a small jar of blue pills and a bottle of blue liquid. "Get him to take the pills twice a day when eating and a couple of drops of this before bed every night, make sure that you don't miss any days". She nods and put the jar and bottle in her bag then she pulls out a large bag of cash. "Here, this is what I owe you". I push the bag back into her hands. "You need this money more than me, keep it and use it for yourself". Tears brimmed in her eyes and she hugged me. "Thank you". she whispered. We hugged for a few minutes before she pulled away. She walked off, waving good bye to me.

"Why were you selling drugs to that prostitute?", Ban asks. I glare at him. "Victoria was forced into prostitution to pay for her and her son after her husband died, her son is very sick and has a very rare illness that can only be cured by a very complicated medicine, is there anything else you would like to judge based on your lack of information?", I ask. He puts his hands in front of him, as if to surrender. I scoff and continue to walk.

We were half way through town when a young man walked up to me. "Good morning  Lady Pockets", he says, taking my hand and placing a kiss on it. I roll my eyes and yank my hand from his grip. "Go away Jones". "But my Lady you still haven't listened to my request". "And what it that?". "I wish to have your hand in marriage", he says making the sins gasp. "No I decline... for the fortieth time". "But Lady I am in love with you". "And I love food but that doesn't mean I'm going to marry it". "Please Lady, I think it would be good for Ava to have a male role model in her life". "And I think that food should be free, but we don't always get what we want, do we?". He stepped back and I walked past him. "Why would you decline him? He's so hott!", Dianne drooled. "He isn't actually a gentleman, he's just a horny alcoholic who thinks I like him". "I wouldn't mind that", Dianne smirked, looking back at Jones. I ignored her and walked through town with the sins trailing behind me.

Now we were coming into the quieter area of the thieves forest. This was a place were many people never returned from because it was so dangerous. The trees looked like they had scary faces and you would hear strange sounds as you walked through. We were walking through, not speaking a word, my hands were shoved deep in my pocket, playing with a ball in each pocket. Suddenly I was I saw a dark flash and felt a pain in my abdomen. I looked down and saw a sword had gone right through my stomach and out the other side. I looked back up and saw a dark figure standing before me, his gloved hands tightly gripped the sword. A smirk tugged at his chapped lips, a malicious glint in his eye. "You've come to the wrong part of the forest".

Ohhhhhh noooo cliff hanger. Don't worry I hate me now too. I am so happy because the feedback I have been getting on this story is very positive. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD