14. A happy family?

I watched as Ban and Ava talked and laughed. She looked so happy and I was glad she got to meet her real father. Even though I may never forgive him I'm not going to stop her from seeing him. It would be unfair to take her away from him. I was eating my breakfast when Ava jumped onto the seat in front of me. "What's up buttercup?", I ask. She giggles and steals some food off my plate. "I was wondering if I could go to the festival with dad today". I looked over a Ban and then back at Ava. "Sure". "Yay but I also wanted to ask you something else...", she trailed off. I sigh. "What is it?". "I want you to come too". My entire body tensed, she wanted me to go to the festival with her and him. I looked at her and noticed she had her puppy dog eyes on. I bit my lip and averted my eyes from her. "Fine". "So your coming?!". "Yes I am". "Yay!". Ava began dancing around the table singing: I'm to the festival with Mom and dad. I sigh and get up. "Where are you going Mom?", Ava asks. "I need to get dressed". "Oh let me help!". "Ava I am literally going up stairs and putting on the clothes I wear everyday". "No, we're going to a festival, you need to wear something nice, come on I'll pick something for you". I gave in, there was no way I was going to get out of this.

I was pulled upstairs and pushed onto my bed. Ava grabbed my black jeans and reached into the right pocket, her arm disappeared inside. She bit her lip in annoyance and then stuck the entire top half of her body in. After a few minutes of searching she came back out. A (f/c) dress in her hands. "You should wear this", she says holding it in front of me. I blushed and shook my head. "I don't want to wear that", I say. "No you have to, I haven't seen you wear it in ages and you so look so pretty in it". I sigh and take the dress from her. "Fine". (Its the dress in the pic above^^ but any color that you want)

I put the dress on and Ava stared at me with wide eyes. "What's wrong? Does it really look that bad?", I ask. She shakes her head. "You look even more beautiful in it then last time". I blush. "I don't think it looks that good". She giggles and grabs my hand. "Well then we are going to have to ask the girls. Ava pulled me down the stairs so everyone could see me. "Merlin, Hawk, Dianne, Elizabeth, tell her how she looks. She doesn't think it suits her". "The color looks good on you". "Oink looks cute oink". "Damn you look smoking hott!". "I t-think it looks beautiful on you". After all the compliments my face was bright red. Ava giggled and ran upstairs to get herself dressed.

When Ava came back down she had a short light blue dress on that matched her hair. "How do I look?", she asks. "You look beautiful Ava". Her cheeks tint pink and she giggles too. "Well good bye!", she yells, waving to the others. She then grabbed my hand and Ban's and pulled us out of the Boar Hat. We walked though the forest for ten minutes until we saw the festival in the distance. A nearby town was hosting it and we were lucky to be in the area. Ava dragged us into the busy streets and began looking at all the different stalls. "Woah look at that", she said staring wide eyed at a a light blue teddy bear. I walked over to the stall and bought it for her. She hugged me. "Thank you", she giggled hugging it. We kept walking around until Ava saw a store selling bags of sweets. "Can I please get some?", she begs. I nod and walk up to the stall and buy three bags. I handed one to Ava, one to Ban and kept the last one till last. I wouldn't admit it out loud but I was actually having fun.

While we were having lunch I really needed to use the bathroom so I excused myself. Ava said she would come with me but there was no point so I made her stay. I walked around until I found a bathroom and relieved myself there. While I was on my way back to Ban and Ava someone wolf whistled at me. I tried to ignore it but they weren't going away, I could easily kill them but I didn't want any innocent people getting in the way. I'd probably get arrested for killing someone here. I kept walking but stopped when I felt someone grip my wrist. I turned and saw a tall, muscular black haired man holding me. "Hello little lady, have you come here with someone or are you by yourself?", he smirked. My body was frozen and I couldn't find any words. Why couldn't I move? Why couldn't I talk? Why couldn't I do anything? "There is no reason to be scared, I'm not gonna hurt you", he whispered, sending shivers down your spine and not the good kind. You tried to rip you hand away from him but you felt weak, where was your strength? You tried to speak again and it sort of worked. "P-please let go". You internally sweat dropped. Why was this happening?! You were a strong warrior, a thief. And here you were, a damsel in distress, begging for him to let you go. One of his hands reached up and caressed your cheek, now your eyes felt wet. What the hell?! Now I was crying. "P-please let go of me", you whimper.

Suddenly you felt an arm wrap around your waist and pull you away from the man. You  look to the side to see Ban holding you, he glared at the man. "Leave her alone", he growled. The guy swore under his breath and then walked off with his hands in his pockets. My body moved on its own and I hugged Ban, I HUGGED HIM! This man who broke my heart and made be feel alone and unwanted... I hugged him. My brain was telling my body to do things and it just wasn't listening. It somehow had a mind of its own. I had been genuinely scared of that man, I was crying and wanted someone to be there for me. I cried in Ban's chest and he held me, he didn't push me away, he hugged me back. Why? I didn't deserve this? Even though I treated him horribly he still hugs me. I glare at him when ever I see him, yet he still hugs me. I hid the fact that he has a daughter, yet he still hugs me. Now I'm crying about something incredibly different. I closed my eyes and clung to him like a koala, I never wanted him to let go. He chuckled and picked me up bridal. I didn't want to let go or look around, I just closed my eyes and held on. Eventually I started to feel tired and gave into sleep.

Ban's POV

I was sitting with Ava, we had just finished lunch. (Y/n) was taking quite a while in the bathroom so I went to go and check on her. It was quite hard to find her because there were so many people but then I saw her. Her body was frozen and there was a man holding her wrist. Who was this woman? The (Y/n) knew would never let that happen, she would punch him in the face and then steal his wallet. But her, this woman was terrified, she was almost shaking. In this time I too froze. What should I do? The woman I love is in trouble. I ran towards her and wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her away from the man. "Leave her alone", I growl. The guy walks off with his hands in his pockets. I looked down and noticed (Y/n) was crying. Then she hugged me... the woman I love hugged me. After I broke her heart, her trust, her everything she hugged me. So I did the only thing I thought was appropriate, I hugged her back. I loved the feeling of having her in my arms. I couldn't help but chuckle at the way she clung to me. I lifted her up and she still held on and eventually she went limp. She had fallen asleep.

I walked over to Ava with (Y/n) in my arms. She gasped and ran over. "What happened?", she asked. I chuckled and looked down at the sleeping woman. "There was a man who was trying to get her and she froze. I don't know what came over her but she couldn't fight back. I'm just happy I got to her before he did something". Ava's (e/c) eyes filled with tears and she hugged me too. "I'm so happy she's ok", Ava whispers. I kiss her cheek and lean my forehead against hers. "I won't let anything happen to either of you".

After that Ava and I walked back to the Boar Hat. I could tell something was bothering her, I just wished she would say it. "What's up? It looks like there's something on your mind". Ava sighs and looks up at me. "Dad... why aren't you and mom together anymore?". I tensed a bit, I wasn't expecting her to ask that. "Well when your mother and I were together I left her". "What do you mean you left her?". I sighed and looked up into the pink sky. "You know how babies are made right?". "Yeah". "I knew your mother for a year before we actually became intimate, then I found out I was in love with her and I was so happy to find out she felt the same way. One night we confessed our feelings and made you but the next morning I felt sad. I loved your mother so much I could never lose her, it would just kill me inside... so I left her". Ava was crying again. She hugged my leg and sobbed. "Dad?". "Yeah". "Do you ever think we can be a happy family?", she asks. I tensed at the question but relaxed when I found my answer. "I'm not sure, but I want it more that anything".

Aww I love this! Hope you like this chapter, just warning you now that this story may be coming to the end. It depends on how long it takes me to get Ban and you to make up. Anyway vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD