Nightmares Millard x Reader

AN: This is a one shot written for @JustGabby711 hope you like it! It's pretty funny.

____________________
Dinner was just dismissed and I (thankfully) wasn't in charge of clean up tonight. I sat up in my room quietly reading, like always. A sudden knock on the door pulled me away from the mystical world I was reading about and the humid rainforest slowly melted back into my room. With a sigh, I closed the book and got up to open the door. Standing outside was my boyfriend, Millard Nullings.

"Hello ma lady. Looking splendid this evening." He said with a dramatic bow.

"Millard, I'm in pajamas and my hair is thrown into a terrible bun. I wouldn't say splendid is the appropriate word." I said smiling.

"Well either way, may I come in?" He asked. Opening the door a bit more, I gestured for him to come in. "Thank you" he said sitting on my bed. I walked over and sat next to him, picking up the book and continuing to read.

"I see your reading the third edition of Tales, my favorite." I nodded but didn't move my eyes from the page. "Come on. I came in here to talk to my beautiful girlfriend, and she's got her nose buried in a book. Can't you read later?" He said. But I put my finger up, signaling him to wait a minute. "Ok, well I guess I'll come back later...." he said, starting to stand up. I quickly grabbed his arm and pulled him back down. Bookmarking the page, I turned to him.

"Now, what did you need?" I asked. He shrugged.

"I just wanted to talk..." he said "but if your busy, it can wait."

"What did you want to talk about?"

"Anything really, I'm bored."

"Ok." I started.

We talked for hours. Eventually, Millard suggested we get some shut eye. But when he went to leave, I found myself grabbing his arm, asking him to stay.

"Just for tonight. Please?" I pleaded, giving him my signature puppy eyes.

"Ok, fine. Just for tonight." Smiling, I hopped into bed and patted the spot next to me. He climbed in next to me and I snuggled into his chest. "Goodnight." He said into my hair.

"Goodnight" I murmured back. I fell asleep instantly, but woke up just as fast.

I sat up quickly, still gasping for breath. Within seconds, Millard was up too.

"S-sorry I didn't mean to- wake you." I stammered.

"It's ok." He said reassuringly, rubbing my back. "What's wrong?"

"It was... just a dream." I said.

"About?"

"Nothing important, really." I lied

"If it woke you up like this, then it probably is. So tell me." Knowing full well he wouldn't give up, I gave in.

"Almost every night I wake up because I'm afraid you're all going to leave me." I said, a tear sliding down my face.

"We're not." He said, "I'm not. And I never will." Rather than starting an argument, I laid back down and closed my eyes, still shaking. Millard placed a kiss on my head. Then my forehead. Then my cheek, brushing past my lips, and on my neck. I giggled because I'm so ticklish. He kissed me again, and I laughed.

"Hey, I'm trying to be romantic and all, but your ruining the moment." He said laughing.

"You know I'm extremely ticklish. But you still try and do this stuff!" I said, trying to defend my case.

"I know I know." He replied. You could hear the smile in his voice. "Are you feeling better?"

"Much, thank you." I replied, smiling.

"Your welcome. Anything for you." He said as he planted a firm kiss on my lips. I kissed back. Soon we fell asleep, still in each other's arms. I didn't wake up again that night.

___________________
Hope you enjoyed this one shot! It was really fun to write. Idk why though. I was trying to not make @JustGabby711 wait too long.

Very Peculiarly Yours,
Mrs. Nullings