Never Noticed

AN: OK. So I wrote this when I was smol. It is cringe worthy and old and I don't know why I'm even posting it. It's sorta depressing. And it's NOT A ONESHOT! So yeah. This was the edit, the authors note below is all the original content. Once again, this use to be in my Millard Nullings book, and it's old, and it's just bad. But, enjoy the terribleness below.

_____original_content_now_____

AN: This isn't a one shot. I just wrote it for fun in Millard's P.O.V. Enjoy!
____________________

You sometimes think you want to disappear. But all you really want is to be found.

Silence. My room was too quiet. I could hear the chatter downstairs at the table. 3 days. That's how long it's been since I left my room. 3 days. That's how long life in the loop went on without me. 3 days. That's how long I've been waiting for someone to say, hey, where's Millard? Or Millard suppers ready! But no. It's been 3 days. A social experiment that's proven too much. More than I want to know. All because I wanted to know, who would notice if I stopped talking? Apparently no one. So I sit. Staring at the walls. Walls covered in thick, black ink. My handwriting covers half of my room. Thoughts. I wrote it all. I stand up and grab a marker, walking to a new wall and write on it.

I like to be left alone. But I hate it when no one notices my absence. It hurts. And I know it's my fault, for becoming invisible.

There. The third wall in my room. Now on its way to looking like the rest. I continue scribbling thoughts and opinions on my walls. Each letter turning into a word. Each word to a sentence. Next thing I know, I'm writing on the baseboards. Another wall gone. I only have one left. So I walk to it and reach up. My marker makes contact with the smooth surface, and it's all over. Only a few hours later, and the last empty space in my room is filled. Then I remember. The door. I walk over to it and scribble more. Then I finish and admire my handy work. My room is covered in my handwriting. The black lines on top of the pale, blue walls. I sit on my bed.

"Done. And it's only," I glance toward the clock, "5 am. Wow Millard. You just spent 10 hours developing arthritis and turning your walls into a book." Shaking by my head, I lay down. It's been 4 days now. 4 days.

I wake up around noon. My stomach is growling. It's been 4 days since I last ate something. This whole experiment was going to have to wait. My stomach was currently eating away at my insides. I open the door and walk downstairs.

Everyone's at the table eating lunch. I ignore them and walk towards the kitchen.

"Millard? Where have you been?" I hear Emma call after me. That one remark echoed into yeses and yeah, haven't seen you lately. I just ignored them all. But I heard footsteps behind me a few minutes later.

"I've been worried, are you okay?" It was Emma again. But she sounded phony. I was pissed. I turned around fast.

"NO YOU WEREN'T! NO ONE WAS WORRIED! NO ONE CARED! NO ONE GAVE A SHIT WHERE I WAS!" I was furious.

"Millard, I cared." Now everyone was in the kitchen. So a chorus of yeah I cared, followed that statement.

"Well, if you all cared SOOO much, then how long was I upstairs?" No response. They didn't know. They didn't care. "4 days. I was in my room for 4 DAYS! And not once did I hear my name. So yeah. You all cared and you were all worried. I believe it." The sarcasm in my tone was worse then Enoch's. They all looked stunned. I just brushed past them and walked up to my room. But a few minutes later, there was knocking on my door. "Who is it?"

"Us" the voices were in perfect unison. Like they've rehearsed it a thousand times.

"Can we come in?" Asked Claire. Apparently my answer was optional because the door swung open anyways. Everyone peered in. Then there jaws dropped. I guess it's not everyday you see a room covered in writing.

"I'm assuming me not responding is an open invitation into my room?" They all mumbled sorry. But their eyes didn't leave the walls.

".......hello?" They all looked at me. "What did you need?"

"Oh, sorry. We came up here to apologize." Emma said.

"No need. It's fine. I'm fine. Go back to lunch." I say back.

"Ya don't seem to fine." Enoch said. Wait... Enoch? Since when did he care about, I don't know, anything? He pointed to something on the wall "Ya really think some of this stuff you write signals that your okay?"

"Yeah some of this is absolutely terrible!" Says Hugh.

"Well, you wouldn't have read it if you waited for me to answer if you could come in!" I said back.

"Millard, don't be sad." Claire says, running up to hug me. I hug back and then everyone is there. It's a group hug. And I'm in the middle.

"Millard, we're sorry we made you feel that way." Says Fiona. Had she been there the whole time?

"Yeah we really are." Said Olive, who had taken off her shoes during the group hug and floated to the ceiling.

And I actually believed them. I hope the we're being truly sincere....

____________________
Soooooo how was it? Did ya like it? I hope you did!

Very Peculiarly Yours,

Mrs. Nullings