1. empty

"You didn't do anything."

"I- I'm so sorry."

"I did everything for you and you couldn't even save me."

"There was nothing I could do."

"You just sat there."

"I wanted to-"

"Why didn't you save me? Why didn't you save me, Taehyung? Why?"

"I know it should've been me."

"Yes it should've."

"I wanted it to be me. I wish it were me."

"I wish that too. But thanks to you, I'm dead. It's all your fault."

"Wait, no. It wasn't my fault, there was nothing I could do! Jungkook, please wait! Jungkook! Jungkook!"

"Taehyung! Taehyung, wake up!"

Taehyung opened his eyes to see Jin's sleepy yet concerned face and Namjoon standing beside him holding a mug.

"It was just another nightmare. Nothing to be afraid of," Jin reassured as he stroked Taehyung's head.

"B-but Jungkook! He's dead! And it was all my fault! I can't-"

Jin cut off his sentence by holding the shaking boy. He kept stroking his head.

"Shh. It'll be alright. Maybe not right now, maybe not tomorrow, but some day."

"It'll never be alright because Jungkook isn't here," Taehyung sobbed.

"It was all my fault. I took Jungkook away from you. I'm so sorry."

Jin looked at Namjoon who lowered his watery eyes.

"Hey, hey," Namjoon knelt down beside the two.

"It was not your fault. If anything, you made it easier. You made it easier for him to go. You were right there with him. He didn't have to face it alone."

Namjoon handed him the glass of water.

Taehyung held it in his quivering hands and raised it to his lips. He took one sip and laid the mug down beside him.

He hung his head.

"I'm sorry I keep making you guys come in here. I know how annoying it may get."

"Don't ever say that again," Jin said,

"You're not annoying. You're family. This is what family does."

Ever since Jungkook's death, Taehyung has been having nightmares every night. This has lead him to go to therapy sessions and take prescribed meds.

Even after all the sadness, he managed a little smile hearing what Jin said.

"Now get to sleep," Namjoon ruffled the boy's hair.

"Ok," Taehyung said as he curled back up into the sleeping bag.

Taehyung still sleeps on the floor in Jungkook's room. Jin and Namjoon continuously tell him that he can sleep on the bed but Taehyung always refused. He claimed that it was Jungkook's, and only Jungkook's, bed and he wouldn't feel right sleeping on it.

The couple left, leaving Taehyung alone in the dark, just as he was before he arrived here. He tried to close his eyes but his body refused to listen. Taehyung just stared at the ceiling. He turned over to see Jungkook's empty sleeping bag which was still rolled out. Tears filled his eyes.

"Why'd you have to go?"
---
so how do you like it so far?? It's kinda choppy but 🤷🏽‍♀️

p.s. who else gets emotional after hearing chasing cars [if you've never listened to it, the mv is at the beginning]?