9. feelings

since you lovelies wanted me to continue, i did! I didn't expect so many of you to reply, so thank you <3 now, enjoy the rest of the story!

Taehyung went into his room tears running down his face.

He was angry.
Angry at himself,
the world,
life.

He laid down in his sleeping bag and pulled the covers over his head. He let his tears fall. He let every single emotion from the past 17 years out. He just couldn't do it anymore. Holding it in was just too hard.

He missed Jungkook. He wanted him to be by his side. He wanted him to hold him in his arms. He wanted to hear his soothing voice.

He recalled the times Jungkook had sang to him and made him feel like the most special person on earth.

Taehyung peeked out of the blanket, reached his arm to his left and grabbed Jungkook's diary. This was the closest he could get to him.

He sat up and flipped through the pages until he got to the date he was looking for. The day Jungkook introduced him to his new home and family.

Just before he was about to read, he felt a wave of nervousness crash over him. He didn't know why he felt this way. Maybe it's because he was afraid. Afraid of the words that may be written.

Only one way to find out.

Dear diary, it started.

I thought today was going to be boring, like every other day. Wake up, go to school, come home, go to sleep. But instead, I went to my friend, Taehyung's house. He is a very nice person and I'm glad to call him my friend.

Taehyung smiled, remembering the way Jungkook had to him when he was reading it out loud.

He is a very strong person too. We were supposed to work on our math project, but we lost focus from that when I saw how he was living. I couldn't allow that to continue, so I invited him to stay at my house. I think we're both glad I did. My dads already love him and-

There was a knock on the door.

"Taehyung? Taehyung, can we please come in," Jin asked through the door.

Taehyung put the book down to the side. He nodded.

"Yes."

Jin opened the door, kneeled in front of Taehyung and wrapped his arms around him. Namjoon and Jimin did the same.

"Your existence is a blessing. For many people. You may not know it, but getting to see you may be the best thing for someone. It is for me." Jin hugged the boy tighter.

Namjoon smoothed out Taehyung's hair.

"Me too."

Jimin looked Taehyung in the eyes and simply smiled. Taehyung smiled back.

"Thank you guys. For everything."

They stayed in the hug for a while then eventually pulled away.

Jin cupped Taehyung's face in his hands and wiped his cheek with his thumb.

"Now, we're going to be downstairs and you can have some time to wash up. If you need anything, or want us to stay, just say so."

Taehyung nodded.

"I'll be fine."

Jimin exited first as Namjoon followed behind him. Both fathers gave Taehyung a smile as Jin closed the door.

Taehyung took a deep breath and picked up the notebook once again. He continued from where he had left off.

My dads already love him and

I do too. It's weird, isn't it? It's only been a few days but I love him. He's so precious. I just want to hold him and protect him from the world's harms. He's so beautiful that I just want to look at him forever. He's just amazing. Amazing, amazing, amazing. This is what love feels like, right? If it does, then I like love. I see why others do too. Thank you, Kim Taehyung, for showing me.

Taehyung's heart stopped and beat faster at the same time. He read the passage a second time. A third. A forth. His eyebrows were furrowed, confused and raised, alarmed. He read the paragraph again, a fifth and sixth time. What it said remained the same.

Jungkook had feelings for Taehyung.

Jungkook loved Taehyung.

Taehyung had feelings for Jungkook.

Taehyung loved Jungkook.

The other never had a clue.