6. secrets

"There's my boy! How was school?"

Taehyung walked into the house, feet and backpack dragging across the floor. He placed his bag beside the stairs and sat at the dining table.

Jin noticed the child's behaviour, dried his hands with a towel and sat down beside him.

"One of your teachers called."

Silence.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Taehyung shook is head.

"Alright," Jin stood up and caressed the boy's head,

"If you want to talk, I'm here."

Taehyung nodded as he fixed his hair. He slumped back in his chair and rested his head on his arm.

He eyed Jin over in the kitchen, who was making dinner.

Taehyung smiled.

If it wasn't for them, I'd be long gone by now.

The boy stared at the wall, thinking about what happened at school.

Now everyone thinks I'm crazy.

Trying to forget all that, Taehyung decided that a good rest would help him. It may not make the memories fade, but may help make him less tense.

"Im going upstairs," he told Jin as he got up from his seat.

"Alright but be down when it's time to eat. I'm making your favourite, spicy rice and kimchi!"

"You really are the best," Taehyung said.

"Aren't I," Jin winked.

Taehyung grabbed his bag and head up the stairs. He went into Jungkook's room and laid on his sleeping bag. He looked at the grainy ceiling, making out little images. Dogs, clowns, and a pineapple. While doing so, the boy yawned.

Crappy days at school really takes the energy out of you.

He turned over to his side about to close his eyes when he saw something under Jungkook's bed. Something gold shimmered in the dark. Taehyung didn't know why, but he crawled over to the bed and grabbed the item.

Jungkook's diary.

Taehyung felt the smooth leather with gold outline cover with his hands, remembering what Jungkook had written about him in there.

He gazed at it for a while before opening it, revealing a sticky note on the inside.

Taehyung pulled it out and read the words written in blue pen.

Hey, Kim Taehyung!

If you're reading this that means you were planning on reading my diary!
I'm very disappointed. After all we've been through?
Do you like me that much that you want to know more about me? Are you that curious?? If the answer is yes, then I'm honoured.
If you REALLY want to read this then ok. I trust you with my secrets :)
And if this is appa, then ignore all that. You can't look in here.
Byeee

Taehyung smiled at the hurriedly written note.

What a cutie.

But what Taehyung was really surprised about was that Jungkook trusted him with his secrets. He trusted him. That made Taehyung feel special for some reason.

He stared at diary for a couple of minutes, wondering what to do.

He turned to the next page.
---
This chapter is so choppy I'm sorryyy