Part 4

Sam's POV:

I woke up and noticed that it was still dark outside. I picked up my phone and turned it on to read the time which read 3:07 am. I looked over to my left and Ed was sound asleep with his back towards me. After a few minutes of laying there, I got up to go pee. My eyes were half shut and I stumbled around due to me just waking up.

After I did my business I was walking back to my room when I heard a knock at the door. It scared the shit out of me because I wasn't expecting it. I cursed under my breath, who the hell is here at three in the morning? I walked to go answer the door, when I opened it I saw Stuart standing there with Andrea.

"Have you seen Ed?" Stuart asked, obviously worried.

I scratched my head and stretched, pointing in the direction of my room. "He's in there sleeping."

Stuart looked relieved but Andrea shook her head. "Is there a problem?" I asked her.

"If he hurts you again, don't come crying to me." She said.

It pissed me off, Stuart didn't look to happy about it either. "Fuck you." I said calmly before slamming the door shut. After I shut it, I heard Stuart say 'you really think he would hurt Sam again after these two years he's been depressed because of hurting him the first time?'. I didn't hear her say anything back, but another knock on the door made me jump. I opened it and only saw Stuart standing there.

"Is he okay?" He asked.

"Come in..." I said and he stepped inside, I shut the door behind him. "He came here drunk last night."

"Oh dear, he's not supposed to be drinking."

"I know, and I wasn't going to let him drive home so I told him he could stay here last night." I told him.

"Thank you." He said.

I nodded. Just then Ed appeared in the hallway. I watched as he ruffled his hair while walking towards us. "Ed, what are you doing?" I asked. "You were just sound asleep a few minutes ago."

"He does this all the time." Stuart whispered to me.

"Bad dream." Ed replied.

"Um, well it's late so I better get going. I'm glad you're safe, Ed. Don't forget about therapy tomorrow morning." Stuart stood up. "See ya, Sam." And he walked out the front door.

I stood up and guided Ed back into my bedroom. I went back out to shut off any lights I had left on. "Bad dream, huh?"

"Yeah." He mumbled, climbing back into bed.

"You want to talk about it?" I asked him, climbing into the bed as well. I looked over at him and he was staring off into space. "Ed?" I said softly.

"Um, no, I'm good... thanks." He rested his head on the pillow and rolled over so that his back was towards me.

"Goodnight." I said. He didn't say anything back.

I laid there for what felt like hours. I could not fall back to sleep so I just tossed and turned. Around five I heard thunder and then I heard raindrops against my window. I got up and looked out my bedroom window the overlooked the city. I then walked out to my dark living room to observe the city out of the giant window that almost took up a whole wall. I watched at the sky got lighter but the sun never showed. The thunder was loud and interrupted me every time I got lost in my thoughts. It scared me even.

The thunder isn't the only thing that keeps interrupting my thought process, the downstairs neighbors are arguing already and they're pretty loud. They're always arguing, it really makes me want to move out of this place no matter how much I love it.