Chapter 1

How could you do this, Khushi? How dare you play with my Di's life? Hearing this, Khushi became numb.

Didn't you even think for a moment that the man, you are having an affair with, is somebody's husband, Raizada's family's son-in-law? Khushi was unable to acknowledge anything else except that the love of her life just accused her.

She was unable to digest the fact that Arnav, her Arnavji, can think so low of her, and unknowingly tears started flowing at higher pace.

Arnav, seeing her tears, Oh please, now don't start crying because your crocodile tears are not gonna melt me. Saying this he started leaving from there giving angry glares to Khushi.

Kyn khawabon pe tere saye hain
Dil kyn hai tanha mere...

Kyn khamoshi hai zaban meri
Ashkon se keh paon na...

Kyn dard hai itna tere ishq mein
Rabba ve rabba ve rabba ve...

Kyn dard hai itna tere ishq mein
Rabba ve rabba ve...

Rabba veeeeeee
Rabba veeeeeee
Rabba ve Rabba ve...

Oh Rabba veeeee...

Khushi stood there staring at the place where he was standing seconds ago, while tears were continuously flowing from her eyes. She was unable to grasp that Arnav thinks so low of her.

She slowly sat with the wall, bringing her knees to her chest and hugged them while keeping her head on them.

She stares at the stars which are scattered on the ground, just like her dreams, love and self-respect.

Slowly she started sobbing harder and harder and then finally screamed;

Why DM, why? Why is it always me? Why I have to bear all the pain? Why I get hurt all the time? She was tired with all the things happening in her life.

Despite sacrificing my happiness every time, why am I the one who recieve nothing but sadness? Why, Why, Why? Khushi was slowly losing her senses, being hysterical.

After a while she said in a low tone,

Why DM? Why you always snatch my happiness from me? First you took my amma and babuji at the age of 8 years, but I continued to believe in you, I had faith in you that you will not think bad for me. She sobbed.

And atlast you blessed me with amma and babuji and I thanked you again and again for this blessing. She smiled.

But on the day of jiji's marriage, Buaji accused me that I am not their real daughter, my heart broke, it pained alot but I managed to smile anyhow. Her smile vanished thinking about that day.

And after that a series of painful event took place when I met ARNAV SINGH RAIZADA. Her throat turned dry on his mention.

He did not lose a single chance to taunt me, to remind me of me being a middle-class and that I have no self-respect, and when he married me forcefully, everyone blamed me. She complained to her favorite goddess.

Even Amma slapped me and Buaji again said that I am not Amma's real daughter. That I am a bad omen. Why DM, they knew me from my childhood. They really thought that I can do such thing even after knowing me? She asked broken hearted.

And jiji? For whom I bore everyone's accusations and Arnavji's taunts, she stopped talking with me! Was it that easy for all of them? To just leave me like this, like like I never exsisted? Her pain knew no bound. She was hurt beyond words.

She was loosing herself. Her mind was just remebering every painful event that took place in her life and all the hurtful sentences that she heard.

And now knowing the reason Arnavji married me, I am disgusted with myself. The tears again flowed down at a high pace. Does Arnavji really thinks like that about me? Does he really believe that I have an affair with that- chi. Khushi was disgusted with the thought itself.

She slowly got up from the ground and collected the scattered stars.

Amma, babuji, You understand na that i am not wrong. She started talking to the stars which she believed to b her parents.

You named me Khushi (Happiness) but there is no happiness for me in this world. You named me wrong, there is no happiness for me and i can't become anyone's happiness. She clutched her shirt above her heart.

It would have been better if I too had died with you in that car crash. She was breaking down, slowly.

But its still not late, right? I am tired Amma, please take me away from here. Babuji, save me from this world. I am tired. I am tired. She called her parents, asking for solace.

After a moment, Khushi once again climbed on the wall of the building. Closing her eyes she took a long breath and jumped from the roof. Her lips moving for the first and last time,

I Love You, Arnavji.

And with a loud thud, Khushi fell on the ground. Blood started oozing out from her head and the sparkling stars got drenched in the red color.

The color of love.

...

Love,
Neena💖