Epilogue

Arnav opened the door for his lady love and scooped her out before she could even say something.

Arnavji. Choriye na. Khushi mumbled, highly embarrassed of all the security guards watching them. (leave me)

Arey, kyn? Apni biwi ko uthaya hai. Koi kuch keh kr tu dikhai. Arnav scrunched his brows and winked at the girl in his arms. (Why so? I am picking up my wife. Dare someone to say anything)

Besharam. Khushi mumbled before hiding her face in the crook of his neck. (Shameless)

Sirf tumhare liye, she heard Arnav's whisper near her ear as he took steps towards their cottage. (only for you)

Just as he was about to knock the door, it was opened from the other side by his Mamiji.

Arnav made Khushi stand on her feet as she struggled in his arms. Mamiji. She smiled politely at her, when at the next moment, she was engulfed in a hug by her.

Arnav stood there, a small smile lingering on his lips as he saw his Mami hugging his wife.

You alright? She moved back and cupped her face, her eyes searching for any injury.

Hum theek hain. Khushi assured her as they came inside. As they reached the living room, there were series of shrieks from Nani, Anjali, and Payal. (I am fine)

You both came. Finally. And the couple was hugged and patted by every person in the hall.

The lips were smiling, the eyes were twinkling, the tears were pouring and the hearts were beating.

That's a family, for you.

Celebrating without us? They heard a voice a turned towards the door. There stood NK, Aman and Vivek, smiling ear to ear.

How can we, NK bhai? Anjali said as her eyes roamed on the three men, slightly stopping at Vivek. She averted her eyes as NK cleared his throat and came inside with both of them.

Seeing Vivek, Aman and NK, Khushi realized something. Abruptly she turned and saw Payal standing there with her hands joined, slightly rubbing them. Her eyes held moisture but she was smiling all the time.

Khushi. Arnav called her seeing her not responding to Di. Arnavji. Khushi sobbed.

Khushi, you alright? Theek ho tum? Arnav at once made her sit while NK ran to get water. (Are you fine?)

Payal came near her and sat beside her. Leaving water, Khushi threw herself in Payal's arms. Jiji. She sobbed hard.

Payal patted her back and that moment everyone understood the reason.

How can he Jiji?? I thought of him as a brother!! He.. he... Tears fell down her eyes, as Payal caressed her back.

Don't Khushi. She pulled back from the hug. Don't waste your precious tears for that filthy man. Seeing determination in her eyes, Khushi sniffed.

You knew? She asked her elder sister.

She was the one who told me, Khushi. Arnav replied, gulping hard.