Chapter 28 (Maha update: Part 1)

Payal was standing at her window when her eyes caught something, or rather someone, sneaking near the house.

With scrunched brows, she saw Arnav looking around with his head low and then moving away from the house.

Akash. She called as Arnav was now out of sight. Akash. Arnavji has gone somewhere. Payal told urgently as Akash came outside the bathroom.

What do you mean he has gone somewhere? His hand halted which was busy in drying hairs.

I- I don't know. He left the house quietly. I just saw him go. Payal was feeling worried for his brother-in-law.

Oh damn. Bhai left to save Khushiji. His eyes turned red and with a dash he left downstairs. Payal. My tablet?? He asked when he didn't find it on the couch.

It was here only last night. Payal told him as he removed some cushions to search for his tab.

Why didn't bhai informed me? He mumbled. It's too risky. Payal placed her hand on his shoulder.

NK entered the living room. What happened? He asked to which Payal briefly told him the recent events.

Oh no. NK rubbed his forehead as he thought of his brother and best friend.

Go after him, Akash. Arnavji won't be able to do all this without your help. Payal rubbed his arm.

But you all?? He questioned.

NK bhai will be with us. We will be alright. Payal looked at NK, who nodded his head. Payal bhabhi is saying right. You just go before they do something to Nannav. NK urged him to which he nodded his head.

He entered his room and after taking some things, he was out of the house in five minutes.

Payal and NK looked at him through the window, Please protect them. She prayed with her heart in her mouth.

*

*

*

Your destination is 200 meters away. The lady in navigation application informed as Arnav switched off his car.

He was currently in the woods, with his car hidden from the building although he was able to see it clearly.

It was a burnt down building with its upper three floors completely destroyed. The first floor had two large windows which may be someone's office before it was burned.

The second floor, however was completely solid with neither a window nor any door. His eyes were glued to the building when his phone beeped.

Glancing towards it, he picked up the call.

Hello? His voice low.

Hmmm. He listened for a few minutes. Okay. With that the line was cut.

He opened the tablet and clicked some buttons. At once, three screens came in his view where he saw two men roaming around.