Chapter 18

Arnav was sitting beside Khushi on bed. She was laying her head on his chest, snuggled close to him. His hand was caressing her arms.

Arnavji?? Khushi broke the silence which prevailed since so long.

Han, Khushi!! Arnav gave a peck on her head.

Any news about Amanji?? How is he now?? She was genuinely worried for his health. Her mind kept revolving around Arnav's words.

Shyam shot Aman.

How could he?? Why is he so vile?? Don't he possess a heart?? How could he just shot a person!!!?? Her innocent and pure mind was unable to grasp the cruel reality of the world.

It's late night, Khushi. Don't tense yourself with these thoughts. Aman is alright!!! Don't worry. Arnav replied but Khushi didn't missed his clenched fist.

Before she could confront him, Arnav got up and made her lie properly. Khushi, please sleep. I will come soon.

And just like that Arnav went out of the room leaving Khushi totally bewildered.

I wish you share what's bothering you, Arnavji!!! She whispered looking at the closed door.

Sleep far away from her eyes. 

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Arnav reached the living room. Everyone was asleep in the cottage, and why won't they? It was past midnight already.

Slowly, he opened the door and came outside the cottage. The cool breeze ruffled his hairs. Arnav took a long breath calming his emotions. He was trying hard not to break hard.

"Chotte, see na, this number keep interrupting my call. Pick it."

He took steps down the stair case decorated with flowers and lights. It looked beautiful but Arnav was not in the state to praise their beauty.

He could see guards on the corners of the cottage. The security was alert. But the man who organized all this was injured. A shiver passed his body.

"Hello ASR??"

He took steps towards the sand that felt cold for his bare foot. That's when he realized that he came out without any shoes.

"How's Aman?"

His foot buried in the soft sand. Taking another step, he let the other foot touch the sand too. Looking upwards, he saw many stars on the sky.

The night looked beautiful, but for Arnav it looked scary.

It was true that your inner emotions change your perspective towards things!!!

"I'm afraid sir, he is not good."

A fear engulfed him. A thorn pricked his heart. He felt suffocated even under the open sky.

Gazing at the sea ahead him, he made his way towards the same under a trance.

"What do you mean?"