Chapter 26

The first man, Adi, sighed as the other man left the room. Don't ask me anything. Just keep mum. She looked in his eyes that were visible from his veil.

Why? She scrunched her brows.

Because, he fished out his phone from his pocket and clicked on the screen. Without saying anything, he showed her a picture.

Confused, Khushi looked at the picture. There were two person standing there.

One was Arnav and the other..

Because he told me to take care of you. Khushi stared at the screen where he pointed on the other person.

You.. He... What? She was unable to comprehend anything.

Ssshhhh.. Don't stress yourself. Just cooperate. Please. He pleaded, to which Khushi nodded her head.

Smiling, he made her finish her food. Just act like nothing is exchanged between us.

With that, he got up and picked up the plate. A note fell down on Khushi's lap which she hid in her dupatta.

Adi smirked. You are smart. He said and went out of the room, locking it behind.

Khushi kept sitting there, unable to grasp the happenings around her.

*

*

*

So, this is the plan! How did you find it? Akash exclaimed sitting back.

Very well planned. Arnav admitted. Now let's see when your men will be able to find more information. He leaned back and shut his eyes.

Soon Bhai. Akash smiled. Very soon. His smile deepened as he thought of his plan.

Khushi. Be safe. I can't lose you. He prayed silently, getting strength from hee thought.

*

*

*

Khushi got up and looked around the room from the corner of her eyes. The night bulb was just illuminating the room enough to see things.

She saw a camera on one of the corner of room. Continuing her gaze, she moved around and then sat as if tired with everything.

But making sure that her back faces the camera. With her heart thudding, she unfolded the paper and tried to read it.

"All is not what it looks like. There is much more to all this game. Master is someone else. They are all pawns. Just keep quiet, and don't worry. We will handle all. Destroy the paper after reading it."

Khushi's face lost all colors as she let the information sunk in.

Much more to all this game?? She thought scared.

Master is someone else? But who?? She clutched her shirt over her heart.

And that man...