Chapter 27

Arnav returned very late from the beach. His eyes had some spark that noone could miss. He placed his ear near the door and then smiled brightly.

Nani. He opened the door and entered the house. In front of him were Nani, Mami and NK sitting with Anjali. Payal was in kitchen while Akash was nowhere near them.

Chotte. Nani got up and embraced her grandson. I am so happy to see you. She placed a kiss on her forehead. I am glad to have you here too Nani. He confessed hugging her.

Hello Hi Bye Bye. Arnav bitwa, Khushi ka kuch pata chala? Mami asked getting up from the sofa. (Did you find anything about Khushi?)

Nahi Mami. Abhi tk tu nahi. He shook his head. Seeing Akash coming out of the room, he added. But Akash's men are trying their level best to locate her. Akash nodded his head. (No Mami. Not yet)

Bhai, I want to talk about that only. Arnav shared a look with NK and then turned towards him.

Yeah? He urged him.

Khushiji is indeed in that building. We have to just go and get her. Akash showed him a clip which showed a deserted burnt building and outside were some men, roaming about and checking here and there.

Police? Arnav asked.

No bhai, there involvement would be risky. We can't risk Khushiji's life. Akash closed the tab.

Okay. As you say. It's late night. We will discuss and go there tomorrow. Arnav patted his back.

Good work Akash. He appreciated him.

Thank you bhai. Akash beamed as everyone get involved in devising a plan.

*

*

*

Khushi opened her eyes with difficulty. Her whole body was aching. She laid there, thinking about her life.

Sometimes, you don't appreciate the fact that you are safe and sound and among your loved ones until it is snatched from you.

She sobbed as she thought of Arnav. How sad and hopeful he was to earn her forgiveness but she never gave him any positive response.

Arnavji, humne tu apko kab ka maaf kr diya tha. Bs kehne se darte the k kahin ap phir se hamein dard na den. She spoke to herself. (Arnavji, I had forgiven you since long. I was just afraid to say so that you don't hurt me again)

Just then, she heard some commotion outside the door. Afraid, she clutched the sheet near her chest.

The door opened and in came Adi. Seeing him, a smile broke in her lips like she found a source of light in the deserted area.

How are you? Adi sat near her as she too made herself comfortable.

Hum theek hai. She replied. Adiji, she called him hesitantly. How long they are going to keep me here? When will Arnavji come? She asked him. (I am alright)