Chapter 16

Arnav ran frantically towards the room. His heart beating fast. Reaching the door, his heart skipped a beat in fear.

Fear for what was coming.

Opening the door, he dashed in and stopped in his tracks. The sight in front of him lifted a huge burden off his heart.

Khushi was startled at his sudden appearance. She was still sitting in the bed. Her hand clutching a pillow.

Arnav took a long breath to slow down his racing heart. He closed his eyes and whispered, Khushi.

Khushi was still confused about his feelings. He just left some while ago? What happened to him then??

Shaking her head she called him unsure, Arnavji??

He looked up and their eyes met. Khushi saw the fear in his eyes. Subconsciously, she lifted her hands and gestured him to come near her.

Arnav took slow steps and came close to her. She pulled his hand and made him sit on the bed, but Arnav hugged her.

Khushi could feel his vulnerability so without any hesitance, she brought arms around him and caressed his back. Arnav tightened his hold on her, pulling her closer if possible.

Arnavji, what happened?? After a while Khushi asked when she felt that Arnav has calmed down. Arnav broke the hug and moved backward.

He didn't look at her, but hung his head low. Khushi cupped his face and made him face her.

Tell me. She said sternly while wiping his sweat.

Wo...wo...Shyam. Arnav felt Khushi's hand go still on his face. Her face paled all of a sudden.

Wha...wha...what?? She whispered.

Aman called. Shyam, he gulped, Shyam shot him. Khushi's mouth wide opened, her eyes tearing up.

Aman said that Shyam is coming here. Arnav clutched his hand.

I don't know Khushi how he found us and what are his intention but I will always be there for you and Di. Remember that!! Arnav cupped her face and assured her.

Bu...bu...but what he wan...wants now??? Khushi sobbed.

He already made me do all this, she gestured towards her legs, what will he do now?? Tears start rolling down her cheeks. Seeing them, Arnav just wanted to kill that pathetic man.

Sssshhh. He wiped her tears and kissed her forehead. Don't worry. I am here for you. I won't let that man reach you. I promise. Khushi nodded her head.

I trust you. She said before keeping her head on his chest. Arnav's heart swelled in love.

Both sat there for some time. Arnav was thinking about his right hand man. Shyam was getting more dangerous and violent than he expected.

I under estimated you, Mr. Shyam Manohar Jha. But you crossed your limit. Attacking my right hand man was not a good step. Now wait and watch what I do to you. He thought, his brain processing the events.