CHAPTER 1

He was about to get to Shiro, he could finally see him. Shiro was rounded by a pack of strange wild purple creatures. He was bleeding so badly and could barely stay awake.

-¡Shiro! - screamed Keith.

He could hear the difficulties of his friend when breathing and the aliens were nearly over Shiro by now. He was crawling backwards with all the strength he had left and was about to pass out.

He could feel a strange feeling on his chest but he ignored it and jumped screaming between his fellow friend and the monsters.

He actually felt it. The change, the difference.

The red paladins' armor broke down and left him wearing only black trousers and a t-shirt of the same color.

He was now covered by a soft purple fur; he had fangs and claws at his hands and feet. He was about 2m tall with a lion-like tail; his eyes were yellow and had furry cat-like ears. He was Galra now.

He didn't mind it at the beginning, he didn't even know what had happened, he just wanted to save Shiro.

He landed on all fours and lifted his head hissing while he moved his tail dangerously and his ears folded.

The other creatures growled in response and Keith jumped against them.

It was a mess of growls and hisses, bites and scratches. Keith bit the neck of one of the aliens and killed it ripping off part of its neck while the creature slashed the paladins' arm. Blood of both fighters spread all over the ground.

He got over the dead body and hissed warningly at the rest of them.

The aliens escaped into the woods, leaving Keith and Shiro behind.

Keith waited a moment before exhaling and going next to Shiro. He was painfully injured and felt a bit dizzy.

Keith sat next to his friend and watched his new body. He somehow felt relieved, all this painful years feeling different and never fitting with the others, all the mysteries around him and his family... everything seemed to square now.

He looked at his friend and sadly smiled, recalling all the things they lived together, all the things they shared with the others, with Voltron. He felt a pang of pain in his chest when the thought came to his head.

¿Will they accept him?

Shiro had his eyes closed for a while now, and was weak but still conscious.

-Keith...- he said whispering. Keith pulled aside all his thoughts and rushed to help his friend.

-Hey! Shiro! I'm here! Can you hear me? Are you ok?

He laughs weakly

-Yes boy, I'm okay. You know? I feel a bit dizzy... I-I feel like I'm going to... going to...

-Pass out. - Keith finished for him.

He got up and looked around to the strange Forrest at his left. The trees were just huge, like, 40 meters tall? He couldn't tell. They were like anything he have seen before, their trunk were dank purple with lighter grains. The leaves were a bright shade of white; it almost appeared they were shining. He could only hear the rustle of the leaves and the quiet sound of a little steam. Everything smelled like rain and Keith recalled the altean rain phenomena, they definitely should find some shelter, no one knows if acid could fall from the sky.

Keith took a now smaller Shiro at his back and walked into the woods. "How light" Keith thought.

After an hour of walking around, he found a little cave under a dead tree twisted into an impossible figure and got them into it. There was only one entrance and it wasn't that big so it was fairly dark inside. Despite that, Keith could perfectly see Shiro's wound.

After moving Shiro into a more comfortable position, Keith sat and closed his eyes. He was tired and felt helpless in his new body, he felt like a stranger. He sensed his ears against his head and his tail between his legs. He hated smelling every single aroma of the wood, including Shiros blood; he hated hearing the low whistle of the wind and the running of little creatures. He hated even more his new improved vision; he could see the horrible state of his friend, of his brother. Everything just felt so different... everything is very different.

------------------------

OK!!!!! so first fic ever, also my first work. I hope you enjoyed guys