CHAPTER 7

SWISH.

Every single alien fell silent.

The blade touched the floor some inches away from the executioner, this was holding his harmed hand, looking at the crowd with surprise.

Keith opened his eyes, and looked towards the direction from where the blast had come. He was petrified. He was terrified.

The sharpshooter was standing in the highest terrace of the stadium, looking directly to the galra. He just had shot at the hand of the executioner, saving the galra from death and because of that, everyone has gone quiet, deadly quiet. Let's not forget that he was one of the paladins of Voltron and he was .... saving the enemy???
Lance walked through the silent crowd, slowly getting closer to the scenario, his face expressionless and his fists strongly closed.
Keith looked down at the floor, not wanting to face his friend.
The blue paladin got to his knees when he was in front of the alien. He slowly moved his right hand towards the face of the galra. Everyone started mumbling and whispering as he... touched the enemy's hair??

Lance caressed Keith's hair, his mullet. A tendre smile across his face, his bright white teeth showing off.
- I knew it was you, Keith.
Keith looked up at his friend, eyes wide open. Lance was smiling at him, looking at him, and there was no doubt about it. Keith felt amazingly happy even though his secret was no longer a secret, and surprising himself, he felt relieved more than ashamed.
-Lance... - said Keith, his voice cracking and a weak smile across his face, sharp canines shining.
They stared into each other's eyes for some seconds and suddenly, someone, started to scream.
-TRAITOR!!! THE BLUE PALADIN IS A TRATOR, HE IS HELPING THE GALRA SCAPE!!!

Then everyone reacted. The executioner ran across the scenario and took a short knife and threw it aiming for Lance. Keith reacted first, hugging Lance and switching places with him; protecting his friend. Lance didn't have time enough to blink, yet the next thing he knew was that the sharp item was piercing Keith's shoulder.
Keith loudly growled at all the aliens around while he hugged Lance tightly. The aliens who had any kind of weapon got to the scenario and surrounded both paladins. Most of them had swords, blades or spears but some were carrying big guns.
-ehhh... Big buddy, if you don't release me you will have to deal with all this idiots by your own. Not to mention that you are injured. Can you.. uhm, you know, let me down??

Keith let Lance go but he didn't stop growling and showing off his sharp teeth.
Bayard and sharp claws ready, back against back, both friends prepared for the fight.
Soon the first aliens made their move and attacked the paladins. Lance and Keith easily knocked them out.
Contrary to them, the aliens were trying to kill the two friends and as the attackers were growing in number, the paladins started to have problems. In no time they were surrounded and Keith smelled blood, human blood. He turned around for a second and saw that Lance had a small wound on his left arm. Even though It was a small cut, it was bleeding pretty bad, making it look worse than what it really was.
Keith knew that things were about to get worse and looked for an exit.
Suddenly he grabbed Lance and ran to the terraces, to the highest level of the coliseum.
-Keith what are you doing!?! - Lance didn't know what was going on and tightly grabbed Keith's short fur, preventing himself from falling.
Hunk and Pidge got there right in that precise moment and what they found left them agape, shocked. They found the galra carrying Lance and running away from some angered aliens. They understood that the galra had escaped from the execution and kidnaped Lance to save his life. The Green and Yellow paladins didn't hesitate to follow the galra to save their friend.
-LAAANCEEEE!!!!!!- desperately screamed Hunk.
Keith jumped from the highest terrace, landing in a forest, outside from the coliseum, and as soon as his feet touched the floor, he started running again.
-Keith, we are leaving Hunk and Pidge behind!!!!
Keith didn't respond Lance but when the blue paladin looked at the galra he could see he was crying, that he was tired, that he was broken; maybe he wasn't even aware of the boy in his arms.
Lance let him be, and just watched how the coliseum disappeared behind the trees with a sad grin on his face.

Keith stopped at a cliff and there he let Lance down. Keith looked up at the clouded sky and Lance looked at the galra.
-Keith...- he called him.
The aforementioned turned his attention to the smaller boy, his face expressionless.
The two of them stared at each other in a perfect silence, none of them knew what to say.
-Lance... it's going to rain. You should go to the cave behind you. I will follow you in no time.
Lance left with no word and when the purple boy thought he was alone he fell to his knees, tears running through his face.
"He knows it. They are going to know it." He thought. He silently started sobbing and crying, his face covered by his bangs. Suddenly it started raining and it got darker, everything started to smell like wet grass and soon the only sound was the falling water droplets. The one and only thing that Keith didn't notice was that Lance was standing right behind and that he was slowly approaching him.
Lance kneeled in front of the galra and hugged him, pulling the boy's head against his chest while he stroked his hair.
Keith silently cried and in some point, when Keith was crying no more, Lance rose his head by his chin and looked straight into his eyes.
-Everything is good, everything is fine. I'll be with you, and while we are together, no matter what, you'll be always save.
Keith looked at those magical cerulean orbes in front of him. Those magical eyes, shining and sparkling like blue diamonds.
They stayed like that for some minutes until Lance gently put his soft lips over the purple ones.
The kiss was slow, but full of hidden emotions, full of dreams and nightmares, full of understanding and most importantly, full of love.
Lances lips were smooth and soft while Keith's were full of cuts, swollen and tasted like blood; but it was the best kiss ever for Lance.
However, Keith didn't respond to Lance's kiss.
Lance broke the connection and stared at the beautiful galra face before him. He looked into those yellow star-like eyes, gently touching his ridiculously cute mullet and lovingly holding the soft purple face with the other hand. He had been wanting this since he met this crazy, strong and brave pilot back when they saved Shiro. His strange and unique character, his fabulous skills, his amazing perseverance, his silly stupid hairstyle, his unbreakable emo spirit... and the same hidden sadness, flaws and worries. 
It was love in first sight.
Lance got up and, somehow feeling humiliated, started his way back to the previously mentioned cave.
A strong and hairy hand stopped his walk and brought him back to his knees.
Keith joined again their lips. This kiss was passionate, all worries and doubts disappearing as they both melted into each other's lips.
When they separated from the kiss, they connected their foreheads and silently breathed. It was raining but they didn't mind getting soaked at all.
- Did... did you really want that?? Did you mean that kiss??? Can't... can't you see me, Lance??- asked the red paladin insecure.
- Keith. You are such an idiot, you know. - answered the Blue paladin with a smile.

--------

First of all I would like to thank sharpeyesharpshooter for all his help, and every single reader around the world, you are so amazing!!! I just noticed that Being galra already has 2K reads!!!

This chapter is for you, readers 💚💚 Thanks.

(1371 words)
Hope that you have enjoyed this chapter :3