CHAPTER 10

Everything seemed unreal. the silence was strong and deafening, no one dared to break it.

When Shiro took his first step, Keith flinched. Noticeably. the closer Shiro got, the smaller Keith seamed; trying to hide in himself. Then, when Shiro was right in front of Keith, he abruptly stopped; holding his breath. then he silently said something to Keith as he sweetly caressed his face. keith looked to his brother and started to cry as the older man hugged him.

The next one to react was Pidge. She ran to Keith and threw herself towards the taller and purple boy.

Don't you ever... don't you ever do that again, you idiot!!! we even buried you!!- she said, shaken -never again...- she said, punching him lightly on his arm.

Hunk joined Pidge right after and Lance straight behind. And even though they were under attack and everything they knew was going to fall apart, for some few seconds they were home, they were save, they were okay.

But those few seconds ended soon, too soon maybe. Steps could be heard and they had to run into a building to hide. they had no plan: the lions nowhere to be seen and Allura and Coran still missing. what were they going to do??

-------------

Allura and Coran were closer than they thought. After their wormhole scape, the danger seemed to be over, however, they still had to find their paladins and bring them back to their space home. the traking devices found the lions easily and they were olny a few galaxies away... the only problem was the huge galra fleat that was approaching their location. Allura and Coran exchanged worried looks and then Allura clenched her fists.

- Prepare the castle, Coran. This is going to be hell.

---------

Lance would never admit it out loud, but he thought Pidge was the one who somehow always got the solution for their problems, just like in this case. She had installed a localizing app in her helmet so that it recognized the signals which both, the paladins and lions emitted, and easily could guide them just like a normal gps would do. She designed it with the purpose of never losing track of their team and to always have the lions under control in case the things got nasty. Which, in this case, did happen.

With this app, they could easily get to their lions and leave the horrible planet. Also, getting in contact with the Alteans was primordial. 

Inside the building it was dark, with no more than a few packages of food and other beverages the paladins couldn't place. Lance was cold, something didn't feel right and he urged his comrades to hurry up, things could go very wrong.
Keith looked up to him, his yellowish sclera reflecting in the dark, eying Lance with uncertainty.
-Lance is right, the sooner we leave this bloody place, the better.
Said and done. Hunk found some old alien weapons and they got into motion, things now could only get better. Or that's what they hoped.

Hiding was not as hard as they expected, and with all the commotion, the paladins could sneak through the camp fairly quickly. Once they arrived to the main building, where the lions were being held, things changed.

The first one to disappear was Hunk. They could only listen his muffled screams somewhere near them but at the same time, unreachable.
-Hunk!!!- they all screamed while they came to a halt - Hunk, where are you!!

They all punched the walls since they had been running through a corridor with no windows nor doors, leaving no explanation for the recent disappearance.
Lance turned around and the last thing he saw before closing his eyes was a blinding shining light.
The next thing he new is that he was lying on his back, right next to hunk, who tried to untie his wrists while he whispered the recipe for a lemon cake. It was something he usually did to keep himself calm and focused, preventing panic or anxiety. Maybe both.
He didn't even see lance until this last one called him.
-Hunk, where are we!?
-Lance, oh Lance, dear god!- he said with shiny eyes, blinking to prevent tears from falling- I don't know, I can't move!!
They were in a white space, with no roof, no walls, only an never ending ethereal white around them.
Suddenly keith appeared out of nowhere accompanied by a "puf" next to lance.
He was confused and disoriented, mouth agape,  but he made no move or sound.
He just looked at his friends, then to the bast white extension and breathed a "what the fuck" before violently trying to get rid off of his handcuffs.
Non of them could really move anything apart from their heads and hands, so the task was rather difficult.
-keith dude, stop you are not getting anywhere doing that, you are just going to hurt yourself!!!

——
Meanwhile Pidge and Shiro were confused. Their friends disappeared in the thin air, leaving nothing behind to prove they were there before. Now, Black and Green, had their back together, trying to figure out what was going on in the enchanted corridor.
Pidge suddenly felt nothing but air pressed to her back, sending a shiver down her spine.
-Shiro??- she called, unsure. She could no longer listen the muffed sounds of her friends but she steadily held her bayard, ready for the next blow. This time she got a glimpse of a reflection on the walls of the corridor, and without directly looking at it, she aimed at it, and gave an electric shock to whoever or whatever was there.
Suddenly she was no longer in the corridor. She was in the entrance of the main building, and her friends sleeping on the floor right next to her.
So they never really got as far as they thought, they didn't even get to make more that a few steps inside. It was all in their minds. Was it even possible?? Then she saw the alien. It was one of those with no face, it's head open like a flower, revealing a fading yellow-shining orb, the flesh inside purely orange. Then, the orb's light, suddenly faded away, and the previously purple alien turned gray, loosing all it's previous color.

Pidge, swearing (obviously), got to her knees next to her friends, violently shaking them. None of them woke up. Then she got enough of that shit.
-WAKE UP, FUCK!- she screamed while she slapped Keith who abruptly woke up.

——
Shiro blinked. Once, twice. Three, four times; but it didn't matter, Keith was no longer there. Even though he was previously facing Keith, now, he was staring at lance. The three paladins remained quiet, in contrast with the interrupted discussion Lance and Keith were having.
Keith sustained that he could get free if he continued trashing with his cuffs long enough whilst Lance kept telling him that the only thing he was doing was bothering the others "who actually used their brains for something useful".
As soon as Keith disappeared and lance understood what had happened, he vigorously fought against his restrictions, just like Keith had done.
The next one to disappear was hunk, closely followed by Shiro and right before Lance started to panic, he appeared right before a beautiful Galra who was cupping his face with both hands and worry written in his face. This worry seamed to fade away as lance said his name breathlessly and incorporated his torso.

Keith was beautiful, Lance told himself to let Keith know about it one they were all united and save again, now; they had some lions to get back and alteans to find.

——-
Word count: 1328.

Hello, it's been more than three days, I know, but there is a reason: my phone fell to the toilet. It was in a friends house(let's say I was tipsy ejem) and I cried because I wanted to bury it.
Well.
Then I had no computer since my dad was using mine (his MacBook is getting repaired) and I had to wait for a new phone. Well, not that you really care lol, you are here for the story.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it.
💚