CHAPTER 11

After the incident, the paladins remained together, watching closely so something weird didn't happen again.
They reached the Central Room after some minutes, and while Keith and Lance guarded their friends, Pidge and Hunk worked with the main panel, trying to establish a save connection with the castle. The only issue came with the sudden cut of electricity.  The room was being lighted by an emergency light, shining a dim yellow. The aliens were trying to limit their resources, making hard for them to find their way to their lions.
Lance entered soon after.
- There are no lights in the corridor and only Keith can see out there. Patrols are getting closer, what now?

Shiro felt his sweat falling from his forehead, his hair damped. There was something they could do,  he was sure of it, he just had to figure out, but... what were their options? The place emitted strange vibrations, making hard for them to reach their lions.
He looked at his friends.
Pidge was still working with the panel, trying to transfer energy from her byard to the machine but her actions were nothing but futile.
Hunk wasn't looking so good. He was tired, pain and uncertainty written all over his face; he just recently recovered from an alien cold and he wasn't in his best shape yet again.
When Shiro looked at Lance what he saw was strength. Shiro saw a determination and a willpower that wasn't there before, or at least, not as strongly as it was now. He was holding his byard close to his body, as a way to embrace himself.
- We have to get away from here, in this place we can get easily surrounded and that wouldn't be a good thing in this moment. - Shiro pointed to the celling, to the air duck. - that is our way out, it has to be.  After getting inside there, we have to manage somehow to get to our lions, that might be the one and only option we have. Go get Keith, we need to leave this place.

Getting inside the air vents was quite a challenge, but they managed. What was harder, was to move inside. Some of the tubes were too small to fit in, and others weren't strong enough for them to go through. 
In the end they had to abandon their shelter once they reached one of the main rooms inside.
But when hope was completely lost, they found and exit, and in the horizon, just barely visible, the castle.
Keith felt his legs crumbling, and he softly said:
- We are saved.
If only he knew how wrong he was.

————
I'm back.
Thank you for all your comments after all this time. If I'm here today writing this, is because of you.
Be patient with me, but I promise you I will give a rightful ending to this story.
I sincerely hope that you, who are reading this, and your loved ones are okay. If not, I wish you the best, rest, peace and happiness. If you ever need to talk, know that I'll be there for you, message me whenever you feel like, I'll try to make you feel better.

Write you later 💗