Another Late Night Text

Star-Crossed lovers hanging off the edge of the wharf, debating on when to end it all or when to start the beginning of eternity. Shimmering stars line the sky above them, the abandoned city allowing the true beauty of the world to shine through. Is it worth it? They ask themselves. Is it worth the inevitable heartache? They both decide it isn't yet still continue to love each other throughout the night. The lovers know that this is their last night together yet still seal the bond that could've, should've, been broken that night. They grow old in glory but not in happiness, they live in lavish riches yet neither can remember a friendly touch. Their lives have been filled with lies and pain, yet they still lived on for the chance to see each other again. One went to the wharf where they spent their last night together. It was where they decided to die before the sickness could staunch their heart for good. The other fell to their knees on the other's doorstep, feeling the connection in their heart severed. They knew that it was too late to be together now even though neither had anything holding the other back anymore. They went to the wharf knowing that that was where they'd be. They tossed themselves into the ocean after their lover, the stars that they once laid under and watched reflecting on the surface of their demise and in their blank eyes. No one found their bodies, but they preferred it that way. Now no one could tell them they couldn't be together even if they were both gone. Their spirits intertwined as they met on the harsh waves. The love that they hadn't felt in years blossomed under the other's familiar presence. Their love was free, as was their souls.