Forever And Always

[based off the song by Parachute. There's a lyric video at the side. WARNING THIS IS A SAD ONE SHOT! Liz is also on the side. Say hi to Liz you guys!]

July- 2014

"Come on, Steve, where are you?" Liz asked. She's sitting down at the kitchen table, where she's been for around two hours.

'He would have called by now... He's never this late' She thought, looking out the window. 'Nobody has seen him.

Her phone rang and she jumped up, out of her chair.

"Hello?" She asked.

"Is this Elizabeth Sterling?" A voice answered.

"Y-yes. Why?" Liz asked, suddenly very scared something happened to Steve.

"Steve Rogers has been admitted to the Brooklyn General Hosptial. You're the only person listed as his emergency contact." The voice says. "We advise you to come quickly- we aren't sure how much time he's got..."

~

December- 2013

Steve and Liz were at the resaurant where they had their first date. Steve looked nervous. About halfway through their meal, Steve took a ring box out of his pocket and got down on one knee.

"Liz- I want you forever, Forever and always. Through the good, the bad, and the ugly. We- we can grow old together. Forver and always." Steve started. "Liz, will you marry me?"

Liz started crying and threw her arms around him. "Of course I will!"

Steve smiled and hugged her back.

~

July- 2014

Liz pulled into the hospital parking lot and rushed inside- straight to the front desk. She was lead through what seemed like a million halls- a never ending maze- to Steve's hospital room. The entire way there, she was being told what happened, but she couldn't hear it- she was too focused on appearing calm. 

"Hey."

His voice was hoarse.

Liz froze for a moment then walked over to him and held his hand a little too tight.

For hours they talked about the life they were gonna have. How many kids they wanted, where they'd live, and how they'd stay there forever. How they'd grow old together and always remember they love each other.

Then, Liz got an idea and called in a nurse. She explained her idea to the nurse. The nurse left to get the chaplain and Liz borrowed rings from a couple next door.

Everybody was laughing, but their laughter hid tears that hit the floor in a steady rhythm.

The chaplain said a few verses and Liz looked into Steve's eyes.

"I want you forever, forever and always. Through the good and the bad and the ugly. We'll grow old together and always remember, whether happy or sad or whatever, we'll still love each other- forever and always." Liz said, tears blurring her vision.

She finished her vows but the beeps were getting too slow. Steve's voice was almost too low as he said "I love you forever, forever and always. Please just remember even if I'm not there, I'll always love you. Forever and always."

Forever and always...