Chapter 4 - Let's be friends

.

.

.

Chaeng was about to get up and see the teacher to express her concern when suddenly she sees the person that's going to sit next to her. She's surprised of course. The one in front of her surprised her too.

Oh what a luck of fortune does Chaeyoung have! Momo's sitting in front of her and Mina's sitting next to her.

"Hiiii Chaeng!!! I'm glad I can sit really close with my new friend after this!" said Momo excitedly with a large smile and squinted eyes.

"Me too!" smiled Chaeng. She then looks at Mina and said "I hope we can work hard together in this class. Please take care of me too." Chaeng smiles and bows a little to Mina, trying to get to her good side.

Mina replied the bow with bowing. She doesn't smile nor look at Chaeyoung. She sure does seem cold towards everybody, but she is still behaving well mannered by replying the bow.

Chaeng now smiles a little bit more. She seems full of hope. She really wants to be friends with Mina. Afterwards, the class started with Korean and then Math. The lessons continue until 12.30 p.m. because the students are given the chance to check the clubs available in the school. Rhea High School is a high prestige school after all. Clubs are a must. Some students even joined 3-4 clubs at once.

.

.

.

Chaeyoung walks through the Apollo gym hall, there are a lot of booths or tables set up with students promoting their clubs. Taekwondo club, choir club, basketball club, running club, tennis club, drama club and much more. So far, there's nothing that attracts Chaeyoung's attention just yet.

She continues walking. Maybe she would find one that suits her. In the previous timeline, she didn't join any clubs at all. She regrets that too. But now things are different. She wants to make a difference.

She saw Momo, walking with Dahyun, but they are roaming around. Probably like Chaeng, don't know what club to join. But she saw them stopping at one booth. There's Sana at the booth. Chaeyoung was about to come closer to that booth to know what club it was for. But she stops suddenly at a booth before reaching.

It's the light music club. There's only one person attending the booth but she's facing backwards, taking a few stuffs in a box. Chaeyoung is looking at some of the information written on the papers on the table while waiting for the girl to turn to the front. Chae is still shy to disturb someone for attention. Old habits die hard as people often say.

"Ahhh.. Mianhae! I didn't notice you're there! Are you interested with contemporary music instruments?" said that girl with a large smile and round eyes.

Well, certainly Chaeyoung didn't expect this. The girl is Jihyo. Park Jihyo. The vice president of the school student body.

"Ahhh.. yeah Vice President-ssi."

"You don't have to call me Vice President during club times. Just call me Jihyo." said Jihyo with a smile. She's very nice, a very loving person. Chae feels at ease.

"Naee Jihyo ... "

"Ha only Jihyo???? Where's the unnie?? Now you really have to join the club or else I'm gonna get mad" Jihyo said with a serious face.

"Yahhhh.. Jihyo-unnie is cheating.. I haven't finished replying you!" Chaeyoung looks a bit sulking.

They both laugh. It's like they have known each other for so long. Chaeyoung now really wants to join the club.She thinks that it's a good chance to get closer to Jihyo too.

"So what instruments do you play?"

"I can play acoustic guitar, electric guitar and probably bass too if given some time to get accustomed to it. Oh I can write lyrics too!"

"Jinjjaa??? I can play them too and write lyrics too! But in this club I mostly sing. We really need a new member that can play all those stuffs as the lead guitarist. You have a nice voice too. I assume you can sing a little bit too?"

"Yes of course. But probably not as good as you" Chae lets out a little bit of laughter to not let it get awkward because Jihyo sort of praised her. Chae's happy!

"Hahaha.. Arasso. The club admission will end in a month time and you can come to our clubroom anytime before the end of March. Club days are on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. We can do it on other days, but usually on agreement. These three days are a must, and only excused with approval by the club president. Here's the infos about the club" Jihyo hands out a small pamphlet.

"Ahh.. Arasso.. dowajusyeoseo gamsahamnida" bowing to Jihyo, Chaeng walks away with a smile. Towards the end of the gym hall, she saw Momo and Dahyun. Momo is waving at her, telling her to come near.

.

"Ah Chaeng.. What club are you interested in?" asked Momo.

"I think I'm gonna join this K-ON club.. The Light music club?"

"Are you serious??" asked Dahyun with a surprised face.

"Ahh.. This is Dahyun, my best friend. Sorry for not introducing her to you earlier. Dahyun, this is Chaeyoung. She sits behind me in class." explained Momo.

"Ahh.. Mianhae! I'm Kim Dahyun. Call me Dahyun if you want to!"

"Chaeyoung, Son Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung or Chaeng like Momo calls me is fine."

"Arasso Chaeng! Be my friend too then! I look too short being with Momo all the time."

"Yahhh.. you don't want to be my friend anymore??" asked Momo with a sulking face, asking for an explanation. They all laugh. Seems like they can be closer than anyone would've thought. But the readers surely know this.

They walk together until they get to the school gate, and parted ways over there. They talked about clubs that they seem interested in. Seems like Momo and Dahyun are going to join the club that Chae saw them earlier. The Dance Club. Momo and Dahyun apparently dance since they were 10 years old. Chae's pretty sure they are hella good.

Momo and Dahyun wanted to spend some time at a park near Momo's house. Chaeyoung too, decided not to go home straight. Instead, she would like to see the town a little bit, because she needs to remember what is different compared to the one in the previous timeline.

All the time they were walking from the Apollo gym hall to the school gate, a pair of eyes were watching them. She seems envious. She loathes those kind of relationships but she longs for them. She wants to be happy too. She was before, but everything changed after the incident. The incident that wasn't her fault. The incident that she wished she could've avoided.

She too then goes to the Apollo gym hall and looks at the booths. She stops at the same booth that Momo and Dahyun stopped at earlier. But she doesn't know she's going to be with Dahyun and Momo if she joins this club.

"Ahh it's you.. Interested?" Sana suddenly asked. With a smile of course.

"Mhmm.. But will you accept me if I decided to join?"

"If you can show us that you are good and wants to learn, then why not? I know you before. So join if you want. Don't listen to other people" replied Sana.

The girl said her thanks and bowed. As she was about to exit Apollo gym hall, someone blocked her. There were other few girls behind her too.

"So you're interested in that club huh? You know you're not gonna be happy anyway. Happiness is not yours, you know that right?"

What will the girl do? Who is she anyway? Someone new? Someone we already knew?

Stay tuned...

.

.

.

(To be continued..)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeay fourth chapter... didn't think i could do this though hahaha

now, onto the next chapter!!!