Chapter 10 - I promise

.

.

'Say something Chaeyoung.. Tell her your honest feelings'

'Be honest.. Tell Mina you like her'

"Mina, I..." as Chaeyoung was about to say something, surroundings got dark..

Chaeyoung is now looking around instead of at Mina. Mina is looking around too.. She stopped crying.

It gets darker and darker.

Chaeyoung and Mina looked at each other back, both with confused and shocked faces. Chaeyoung looks around and saw reflections in the puddles next to them.

Now it is as if it's already night. Chaeyoung and Mina couldn't believe their eyes. Chaeyoung looks up to the sky. Mina follows her.

It's the eclipse. The eclipse that was mentioned on the news on the first day of school. Chaeyoung and Mina stare at the eclipse. Admiring the phenomena. Both of them are filled with a sense of awe. Their sadness and worries are lifted a bit.

After a minute of staring and admiring, Chaeyoung looks at Mina, and Mina looks back too.

Quickly without any hesitation, Chaeng pulls Mina's head and hugs her. Sinking her head within Chaeyoung's hug.

Mina was surprised by Chaeyoung's sudden action. She wanted to push Chaeyoung away, but the warmth, the loving human warmth from Chaeyoung's hug is pulling her in, pulling Mina's soul deep into Chaeyoung's hug.

"Mina, you see, you've been hurt by so many people. By Arene. By her gang. By the whole school that she had manipulated wrongly. And I'm sure you are hurt by your family too. They see you as a bad person like the one you said before. A boyfriend thief,  a rude person, an over emotional person, and someone who shuts people off..."

Chaeyoung stops for a second. She takes a deep breath and she hugs Mina tighter.

"But not to me Mina. Not me. I don't see you as a boyfriend thief. I see you as a loner. If you steal someone's boyfriend, you would've been happier since you have a boyfriend, but no, you're not happy at all aren't you?"

Mina's hands now start to shake. She can't control her sadness.

"I don't see you as a rude person. You've been very polite to me ever since we first met. Even if you decline all my offers, you still say it in a very mannered way. You do seem like a cold person but not a rude one. Certainly not."

Chaeyoung tighten her hug again. She doesn't want to let Mina go. She wants Mina to feel all her emotions that she wants to convey, not just by words, but by her heartbeat too.

"And I understand why you are acting so cold. You are afraid of getting hurt again. You've been hurt by the one you trusted the most, and I have a feeling that the person is Arene, isn't it? And that's the reason why you shut people off too."

Mina is now slowly crying and sobbing in Chaeyoung's arms. Finally, someone who understands her pain, her suffering. She's been enduring it all alone, yet, without telling Chaeyoung anything, this little cub in front of her understood everything, and yet, Mina had only been rude to Chaeyoung before.

"You are emotional, because you didn't get a chance to let it all out on anyone before did you? No one is there to listen to you. Your problems, your insecurities, you fears, your worries. No one to care for them. No one to tell you what to do. No one to understand you. And no one is there to hug you tightly like this."

Mina is crying harder. Mina's forehead is resting on Chaeyoung's shoulder, making it a bit wet with Mina's tears. Chaeyoung puts her hand on the back of Mina's head and starts to caress it gently.