Pilot 1/1

First recruit: Dr. Raymond Palmer. Also known as the Atom.

Next recruit: Sara Lance. A former member of the League of Assassins, also formerly dead.

3rd recruit: Firestorm, the merged super-form of one Jefferson Jackson and Professor Martin Stein.

Next recruits: Kendra Saunders and Carter Hall. The latest reincarnations of Hawkman and Hawkgirl.

"There seems to be an error, Captain. These candidates, Leonard Snart and Mick Rory, are a pair of criminals." "There's no error, Gideon."

Last recruit: 16-year-old Riley Heart.

"Captain isn't she too young to be on the team?" Gideon asks. "Technically yes but she has great power that surpasses anything I've seen before." Rip Hunter states.

Riley's POV

I'm in my room painting. Like usual. It's my favorite thing to do. Nina says I could get into any art school I want to. But she's my sister she has to say that. I go downstairs to grab a drink. I look over at the table and sigh at the sight "Nina! Mums passed out drunk again!" I yell up the stairs. There is like 10 bottles of different types of alcohol surrounding her. I heard Nina stomp down the stairs. She looked at me with a small smile. Then she looked at mum and then her face went to pure rage. Nina went over to her and shook her awake. "What the f**k!" Mum screamed at Nina. "Mum you need to stop this!" Nina yelled. "Why! Why can't I have a drink!" Mum yells. "I don't care if you have a drink I care when you have multiple bottles and get so pissed you become violent and pass out! Mum this is not okay! Think about Riley!" Nina screams at Mum. "Oh like you don't go to the pub!" Mum shouts. "Mum I'm 24! you're 46! And I have one glass you have bottles. And the only reason I even go to the pub is to get away from this!" Nina yells. Mum shouts "did you get a job today!" That is it for Nina. "Mum! I've had a job since I was eight f**k**g teen, I've provided for this family I've basically taken care of Riley since I was 9! And you have the nerve to ask me if I've gotten a job! You know what you get a f**k**g job!" Nina yells. Mum gets up and pushes Nina. Nina turns to me and says "Riley go upstairs." I nod not even caring about the drink I wanted and I ran up the stairs.

I do the protocol that Nina taught me to do when I was younger. Lock your bedroom door and hide under the bed. I lock the door but before I could go under the bed I hear someone say "Miss Heart. I'm sorry to intrude." I turn to face him. He has darker blonde hair and a little bit of a beard, he's holding a gun type thing. I immediately put my hands up in surrender. Fear is plastered all over my face. "I'm not going to hurt you don't worry." He tells me. He sounds genuine. Then he holds up the gun thing and shoots it I'm my face. It wasn't a bullet that came out of the gun it was light. My eyes became very heavy. I feel myself falling. I wait for impact but it doesn't come. The guy catches me. I'm not unconscious yet so I start trying to call for help "Nin..." I start. My voice is too quiet for her to hear over the massive fight she's having with mother. "Shhh, it's okay nobodies going to hurt you." The man says trying to soothe me so I fall asleep. I mumble Nina's name a few times in hopes she'll hear me but obviously, she can't. "Shhh." He try's to soothe me again. I then feel the darkness take over me.