Blood ties

We've arrived in Leipzig, Germany, the most current location for Vandal Savage.

"And by the way, Captain, you are are urgently needed in the MedBay."

Kendra started sizing apparently and that's where half the team has gone to see if she'll live to see tomorrow. I start sketching waiting for them to return. "I didn't know you draw" Sara and Blake say in unison. "well I do." I reply not really paying attention to them.

Everyone who left came back into the room. "Pieces of the dagger has apparently broken off and are, as we speak, en route to her heart." Rip explains.

Eh I'm not a big fan of Kendra she's a little fake but we need her alive for this to work.

"Can't we just time jump into the future where they got the stuff that can fix her?" I ask. "This ship is from that future and has been unsuccessful in saving her." Blake tells me with a small smile. Why does he always flirt with me?

"Kendra wouldn't survive the time jumps anyway." Leonard states. We all look at him a bit shocked. Wow he listened. "I pay attention." he tells everyone with a smirk.

"To sum up, Carter Hall is dead, he girlfriend's not too far behind, Vandal Savage is sitting pretty in 1975, which we're all stuck in. That how the plan supposed to work, Rip?" I state getting up. So far this whole thing is going tits up.

"Obviously not, but the mission is simple. We stop Vandal Savage here in the past and we save the future." Rip says sounding like he is trying to convince himself more than us.

"Simple doesn't mean easy, Captain." Leonard tell him. "Oh, I never said it was. The benefit of being a Time Master is that the length and breadth of history gives one... perspective. I've seen darker days. I've seen men of steel die and dark knights fall, and even then I accomplished my mission no matter what." he says yet again sounding like he is trying to convince himself more than us. The captain doesn't even believe in this mission entirely.

"Gideon, what is our status?" Rip questions.

"When the Waverider was attacked by Chronos, the Jumpship was damaged. Unless you make repairs, we will be unable to..."

"Wait, Jumpship?" Jax cuts Gideon off. "It's a small expeditionary vessel at the belly of the Waverider... you're a mechanic! You have a look at it." Rip snaps his fingers thinking Jax might be able to fix it. "Uh... auto mechanic. Uh... spaceship." Jax use his hands to gesture the difference. He then sighs in defeat "Okay, if you've got a set of wrenches, I'll see what I can do."

"What about the rest of us? Do we just sit?" Mick complained. "Capital idea, Mr. Rory. You're not nearly as thick as most people say." Rip insults him and goes into his office to be alone. "Thick... does that mean stupid?" Mick questions. I facepalm. Really? I honestly have no words for that response.

I walk down the hallway. "Hey! Riley wait up!" Blake calls after me. I turn to see him. "Hey. What's up?" "You seem a little off?" He says more of a question than a statement. I shrug "I'm fine." I give a fake smile. "Lier." He crosses his arms. "I'm just thinking about Everything that's going on with my magic that's all" I sigh.

He looks down and then back up with an 'I have an idea face' "My uncle and Sara are taking about something let's go ease-drop" I nod not in the mood to argue right now.

We hide behind the wall. "Gideon! Where's Savage's money now?"

"Dr. Boardman theorized that Savage entrusted it to the Bruemberg Group, the oldest bank in the world."

Interesting. Maybe I can have some fun today after all.

"I'll go tell the rest of the team." Sara states. "That won't be necessary. I'm going alone. I can't have any more blood on my hands." We hear Rip argue. Really Carter didn't die because of him why does he feel bad.

"Except for your own? You can't go in there without backup." Sara argues back. "Look, I brought you all with me under false pretenses. Carter would still be alive if I hadn't have convinced him to come." Rip beats himself up mentally. "No one's on this ship that doesn't want to be here." Sara tells him sternly. Very true words Sara, very true.

"But I can't risk the whole team." "Fine. Just me. And if it helps, I'm not giving you a choice. I'm going with you to that bank." She makes up her mind.

"Should we tag along?" I ask when we get back to our room. "No let's not interfere yet there's no point in getting in any sort of trouble yet we'll wait until this all goes badly because let's be honest it will." He laughs which makes me laugh. He's right this is bound to go terribly wrong.

(Don't kill me I know it's been a month but I've been busy I'm trying to update as much as I can I promise. I know most of you are probably not reading anymore and that's fine I'm going to continue anyway )