Pilot 1/4

The team arrived and now the hawks are fighting him along with Rip shooting at him. I look at Blake and Jax. Then another blast hits the ship and sparks come out of the ceiling. I duck and cover my head.

I hear a crash and I see a car that hit Chronos. Sara, Leonard and Mick come out of the car. "We go out for one lousy drink, and you guys somehow manage to pick a fight with Boba Fett." That line makes me laugh. Except Boba Fett was way cooler in Star Wars and not real life.

Blake grabs two guns and he hands one to me. I smirk "I don't need this." I give him back the gun. He looks at me confused. "Just cover me." I say as I run out the ship. "Riley stop!" Both Rip and Blake call after me. I ignore them and dodge all the bullets being fired. I notice something. Chronos isn't trying to shoot me, in fact he's trying to avoid hitting me. I use this to my advantage and blast a bull of electricity and fire at him, which makes him fly backwards. Professor Boardman was shot so now Kendra and Carter are running him back to the ship. I blast Chronos back more with one massive blast of my powers.

I'm running back to the ship. I get on and the platform closes. Blake is looking at me in amazement as is everyone else.

"Professor Boardman has sustained severe internal injuries."

"Prepare the MedBay to receive Professor Boardman and get us out of here!" Rip yells.

"Course heading?"

"Anywhere but here!" Rip shouts again.
We strap in as the ship flies of.

We land.

"Our cloaking shield and aft entrance have been significantly compromised, Captain."

"Yes, I can see that, Gideon. Station us in the temporal zone while I work on repairs." Rip commands getting up from his pilots chair and going into his office. "Temporal zone?" Ray questions. "Yeah, it's essentially a time limbo. We can hide out there for a bit. Another temporal jump would risk revealing our position." Rip explains. "A time limbo? Astonishing." Stein says fascinated. "Oh, there's something you people don't know about time travel? That's surprising, isn't it? Considering none of you have ever time traveled before. Bringing a family member from the past onto a time ship? Breaking out and carousing around the 1970s? We've barely begun, and already this is the worst, unmitigated disaster of my career." Rip says starting to work on something on the ship. He barely gets to turn around when Kendra punches him in the face. Mick laughs "I see why you got the hots for that one." "My son is hurt because of you. Who attacked us?" Kendra says holding Rip's collar. She's angry I can tell. Rip sighs "Something of a long story." "Better tell it fast, Rip, 'cause it doesn't look like the ladies in a patient mood." Leonard speaks up with a smug smile. "Neither am I." Carter states. "His name is Chronos. He works for the Council of Time Masters. My former employers." Rip sighs in defeat. "I thought you were a Time Master." Sara says now pissed off. "As I've expressed, time's not a linear thing. At some point, I was, in fact, a Time Master." He tries to cover up. Sara punches him in the face. "Will you people please stop hitting me?" "Start telling the truth!" I shout upset. "I relinquished my position as a Time Master when I commandeered the Waverider. Chronos was clearly sent to bring me in." Rip say now telling us the truth. "You lied to us." Stein sounds hurt. "Of course, I lied to you. I needed your help... you all barely said yes as it was." He mutters but we can hear him. "What about the legends part?" Jax asks. Rip stays silent. "Ooh, you lied about that too, didn't you?" Snart speaks up. "I chose you all because, a hundred years from now, your lives have minimal effect on the recorded timeline. I needed your help without disturbing the history of 2166." Rip is now telling us everything In defeat. I feel really upset and used. I thought Nina said I could trust everyone on this ship obviously for the first time ever she was wrong. "So, we're like the opposite of legends." Jax sounds hurt to. "Give me one good reason why we shouldn't kill you." "Ditto the arsonist." Stein agrees with Mick. Okay wow didn't see that coming. "Because Gideon wouldn't listen to your commands and you'd be stuck here forever." Rip states "Great, so we're not an elite team of heroes on a sanctioned mission, sent to rid the future of its most horrific bad guy. Just a collection of nobodies who time really doesn't give a damn about." Ray seams upset and mad. Don't blame him I am to. "I didn't lie about the mission itself. Or the brutality and ruthlessness of Savage. Or my need for your help." Rip sighs. "I don't imagine you're the kind of guy who quits his job and takes on this kind of threat for altruistic reasons, so Rip, why don't you tell us: what did Vandal Savage do to you?" I ask clenching my fists. "Yeah Rip you seam to have lied to everyone including me!" Blake shouts. Rip sighs "The Time Masters discourage marriage. They urge against procreation even more. A Time Master should be free of any personal entanglements that might compromise him. But... I fell in love, and we had a child. A boy. Jonas." I catch on to what he's trying to say. "Savage killed your family." I breathe out. "He slaughtered my family. And thousands of other families. And that body that I swore an oath to serve turned a blind eye. They continue to turn a blind eye. I won't. The last thing that my child saw in this world was that monster's face. You can be damn well sure that when Savage dies, the last face he sees will be mine. I understand, given the circumstances, if you wish to return home. We can make the jump once the repairs are done, if and when Professor Boardman stabilizes." Rip says really emotional. Kendra runs out of the room to go see Professor Boardman. "I think we all need a little time to consider our options." Stein tell Rip.

I enter my room and start to pack everything. Blake comes into the room and he runs over to me. "Wohhh wohh what are you doing?" He asks. "What does it look like I'm leaving!" I half shout.

Omg guys I wrote another few hundred words but obviously they didn't publish with the chapter so I've added it on here you go.

"No you can't leave!" He protests. "Yes I can this was a mistake." I tell him calmly. "No it wasn't come on Riley you can't go I'd miss you." He begs. "You don't know anything about me." I spit. "Then help me know you. I'll tell you how me and Rip know each other if you stay and trust me only a few know this." He tries to comprise. I need to go back to Nina she needs me what if Mum hurts her badly again and she doesn't have me there to call an ambulance. I'm 16 I was looking for a job so I can help Nina with money problems. Why did I let he convince me to come here. But on the other hand I want to know how Blake and Rip know each other. And I mean if at any point I want to go home I'm sure Rip would drop me off at the exact time I left.

I sigh "fine." "Great but what I'm about to tell you, you cannot repeat to anyone not even the team is that clear?" He sounds serious. I nod. "Okay well I'm Rip's nephew." He admits. Okay did not see that coming. "So what happened to your real parents?" I ask. I know it's not my place and I hate myself for asking now. "Well my mum died during childbirth and my dad left me to go work for Savages army." He shrugs like it's normal. If that's the normal in 2166 I definitely don't want to live there. "So now that I answered your extra question you have to answer mine. Tell me about your family?" I don't want to answer that question he'll think I'm some pathetic girl who can't handle a drunk mother. I smirk I figured out a way to answer him without telling him to much. "I have a sister called Nina, I have a Mum and I have no idea who my dad is." He looks disappointed in my blunt explanation. "Fine don't tell me much it's fine but you now have to stay on the ship. Anyway let's go tell Rip you're on board." Blake tells me. I nod.

"Time wants to happen. Chronos, even Vandal, won't be the only enemy we face. Very often, it will be time itself." Rip says to Kendra as me, Blake and the whole team enter the bridge.

"Whether it wants to happen or not, we're gonna change time, erase Savage's future, and earn our rightful place in history." Ray says with hope in his eyes. "Dr. Palmer is correct." Stein agrees. "We may not be legends in your time, Captain, but we are going to decide our own fates." I speak up. "I don't give a damn about being a legend, as long as we end Savage once and for all." Carter states. "I can get down with that." Jax agrees. "And our malcontents?" Stein asks Mick and Leonard. "I like killing people." Mick smirks. "We're in...For now." Leonard agrees. "So how do we find this guy?" I ask crossing my arms.

"Professor Boardman had a theory about that. I've already had Gideon plot a course." Rip says getting into his pilot seat. We all go to sit down Blake practically drags me to the seat next to him. He's not great at hiding his crush on me is he.