feelings and remorse

This Chapter will be switching POV's a bit more. It may not look like a lot but honestly I think it's good for this chapter. anyway I hope you enjoy this chapter! And leave a like and comment down Below thanks.

Chapter 19: feelings and remorse

Light. A dim one.

My vision was to blurry to distinguish anything.

I blinked profusely, my eyes finally adjusting after several moments later.

My eyes were finally full open. I saw a ceiling so obviously I was in a building.

Where am I?

I groaned, turning my head in the process when I heard a beeping noise.

I was hooked up to a machine that detected my heart rate and my breathing.

Automatically I recognized that I was in a hospital.

I tried to lay up but at my first attempt my body already ached and my head was throbbing painfully.

My left side felt heavier then my right.

I quickly laid back down, gasping deeply for air in the process.

What happened?! What's wrong with me. Why am I hurting so badly?

The door to my room slowly opens and a doctor comes in. He stops a bit startled by my awakening.

"I see your up Mikasa Ackerman" The doctor clarified.

He sat at a table and started typing rapidly on the computer. "Your friends are really worried about you Miss Ackerman, it's been 6 days that you were in a coma" he explains.

My friends?

Wait....I was in a coma?!

I wanted to break down but I also wanted to see how this happened to me.

"What happened?" I asked turning over to face the doctor.

"You were hit by a bus...you've broken your leg, fractured your ribs, bruised up your body and...well lost an arm" he said breaking the news.

My eyes shrunk in fear.

Lost an arm...

I felt the tears sting my eyes in horror.

"Want me to go tell your-" "no...not yet" I bit down on my lip.

I didn't want them to stress about it. Now that I remembered what happened, I couldn't let them not go to prom by telling them this.

But it made my heart ache. I wanted to see Eren. 

After all he was the last person I remember seeing before the accident.

But how will he react when he sees me like this? Will he be terrified? Or will he accept me for who I am?

I didn't know but it hurt to wonder.

"Are you sure?" He asked. "Y-yeah" I sucked in air heavily feeling the coldness hit my teeth.

I pulled the thin sheets over me and felt the tears start rushing down as I looked at my missing arm. My right arm. My dominant arm, the arm I always wrote and ate chips with. Is gone.

I sniffed.

I couldn't help but feel that this was all my fault.

I should of stood up for myself stating that I didn't want to go to prom to Kai, stop being jealous when Eren was with a new girl and face reality, and just accept what life is doing to me. I had lots of ways to prevent myself from ending up like this. Yet I stayed focused on myself.