Big steps

Chapter 22: Big steps

Eren's POV

Tomorrow was graduation. I was extremely nervous yet somewhat relieved.

I would finally be out of school; not stressing over anything anymore.

I wouldn't be attending college. I didn't have the money for it. However I knew what I wanted to be.

I wasn't so certain I deserve it though.

But I was nervous because I didn't know what would happen right after I threw that cap right off my head.

I would officially be an adult. There was no turning back from that.

"You seem pale Eren, what's wrong?" Annie asked me.

We was at my house— along with Jean, Reiner and Armin. We was going to spend our last moments together before tomorrow. They would all be leaving.

Jean would be attending a university in America so he could become an FBI agent, Annie was going on a short vacation since her classes don't start till August, Reiner would be attending college here but he would be gone a lot and Armin would also be staying down here but very busy.

We all agreed that we should gather tonight for our last moments. "Just nervous for graduation" I told.

"Who wouldn't be nervous? After tomorrow we're all on our own" Reiner remarked lightly.

I shook my head in agreement.

"We would all be miles away. No calling for help" I answered. "We can always meet up, FaceTime and send letters" Armin justified.

"Yeah but that would be a rare factor speaking we don't know where some of us would be and when" Annie rolled her eyes playfully.

"But I'm proud of us. Even though we've been through a lot we still manage to stick together" she smiled.

"Yeah" Jean speaks up next. "I'm gonna miss you guys even if one of you is a bonehead" he cackled.

Annie, Reiner and Armin erupts into laughter but I don't since I knew he was referring to me.

"I definitely have to take pictures tomorrow" Annie declared. "Same" Reiner agreed.

"What do you guys think was the best part of senior year?" Armin asked.

"Hmm, I got to say meeting all the cute guys" Annie smirked. "They were all really nice and one of them I'm officially dating now and I want it to stay like that" she continues. All of our faces lit up with amusement, shock but mostly happiness.

"Congratulations Annie" Armin said to her. "Who's the lucky goose?" Jean asked.

"His name's Bertholdt" she blushed. "I know him" Reiner spoke. "I had all my classes with him, he's my best friend. When was he gonna tell me he hooked up with a small angry diva?!" He exclaimed making her jab him in the arm.

"Ow" he whined.

"Well for me I got to say that my best moment was prom. Everyone's night didn't end in tragedy" Jean explained. "Even Mikasa had fun" he hides the blush under his hand.

I just stared at him with a blank smile. Though that didn't mean I hated the fact he still had a small crush on her but I'm happy he ended up helping me  make her happy.

"Mines has to be the sports I've met so much amazing people over it" Reiner interjected.

"Mine was getting to read all the books in the library and actually be involved with the school and interact with people that is just like me" Armin smiled.