Anniversary

"Cody come here!" I said seductively. He slid into the room. "I have something for you." It was our four year anniversary. I put on some lace quickly. I had just laid on the bed when he came in. His smile turned devilish and he crawled in to bed. Just another night with out an orgasm. He just didn't do it for me.

(Time skip to the morning.)

I woke up to wandering hands. I grabbed his wrist from in between my legs and smiled. "Good morning honey." I glanced at the clock. "Oh my god I'm late!"  I yelled jumping out of bed. He didn't react and fell back asleep. He really was a deadbeat boyfriend. Whatever. Its okay. This is what all relationships are like.
        I went to work. I work at the local Starbucks. "One double shot latte with whipped cream!" I yelled. Some one handed me the latte and I wrote the girls name. "Heather?" I yelled. She skipped up to the counter and snatched the cup. "Thank you!" She said as she skipped out of the door. The last customer. Suddenly I saw a male figure walk through the door. I huffed. "Hi how may I help you?" I asked cheerily. "Well that's a way to greet your best friend." He said. I gasped. "Mark!" I yelled. "Omg I was just going to call you! I was wondering if you wanted to hang out after work. I'm kinda mad at Cody. He didn't even say anything to me this morning but he feels like he has the right to feel me up." I hugged him like my life depended on it. He breathed in deeply. "Mm-kay yeah. I can hang out." I let go and clapped. "Yay! Let me just finish up here then we can get going." Mark put an apron he found on and walked behind the counter. "Let me help." He said. I shook my head "no you just go wait at a table. I might even make you a free coffee." I winked. He smiled. "Im helping." He said. He's been in here enough to wait for me that he knows what he is doing. "Don't make me push you outta here myself." He gave me a come at me motion and I sprinted full force at him. All he did was pick me up. His arms were wrapped around mine and he bent back so that my feet were off the ground. I was short. 5'5" to be exact. Mark was almost six foot he was five eleven. Six inches taller. Meh. Whatever I liked being short it makes romance more romantic. I smiled and fought my hardest to escape his grasp. Suddenly i found my position with my back against his chest and his arms wrapped around my chest. I stopped fighting and looked up. His smile knocked the breath right outta me. I stopped fighting his grip once he let me go and I pushed against this chest with both of my hands. He was laughing the whole time only cause he wasn't moving at all. And i mean at all. I gave up and huffed a breath. "Fine. But under protest." I said. When I turned around I smiled. Does he like me? I feel like a god damn middle schooler. I clean the coffee pots and empty out the milk we didn't use into a gallon. I turn around and Mark Is already mopping. I roll my eyes and pull off my apron.

Marks POV

I work fast and hard so we can hang out longer. Usually when she does this she sleeps over at my house. I have like half of her wardrobe In my closet. She walked out and she looked exhausted. I felt bad. "Alright let me just turn off the open sign and lock the doors then we can go." She said. It was like 12 o'clock at night. "What are you doing working this late?" I asked throwing my sweater over her shoulders. She smiled up at me and my breath hitched in my throat. I was absolutely in love with this woman. She doesn't know it though. Any ways she has a boyfriend. And she doesn't like me. Whatever I can't help falling in love with her though. She's amazingly beautiful and shes funny and incredibly intelligent. Honestly I'm surprised that she doesn't know I love her. I plug in my earbuds and press play on my Spotify. Can I Be Him by James Arthur came on.

You walked into the room
And now my heart has been stolen
You took me back in time to when I was unbroken
And now you're all I want
And I knew it from the very first moment.
Cause a light came on and I knew it from the very first moment

I swear that every word you sing you wrote them for me.
Like it was a private show but I know you never saw me
When the lights come on and I'm on my own will you be there to sign it again?
Could I be the one you talk about in all your stories
Can i be him?

I heard there was some one but I know you don't deserve him
If you were mine I'd never let any one hurt you I wanna dry those tears kiss those lips
It's all I've been thinking about
Cause a light came on when I heard that song and I want you to sing it again

I swear that every word you sing you write them for me!
Like it was a private show but I know you never saw me
When the lights come on and I'm on my own will you be there to sing it again?
Could I be the one you talk about in all your stories?

Can I be the one
Can I be the one
Can I be the one
Oh can I, Can I be him?

When you sing it again
Oh wont you sing it again?
Can I be him?
Oh, sing it again, yeah
Oh when you sing it again
Can I be him?

I swear that every word you sing you wrote them for me!
Like it was a private show but I know you never saw me
When the lights come on and I'm on my own will you be there, will you be there?
Could I be the one you talk about in all your stories?

Can I be him?
Can I be him?
Can I be him?
Can I be him?

Wynter grabbed my arm from behind. "Ready to go?" I stopped my music and nodded. "Yup."