A Moments Rest

Matt walked through the halls of the Alderaanian Jedi Temple. Such a quiet and peaceful place, one could easily lose themselves to it if they were not careful. He didn't care, he had a ship to mend and repair.

'That's the last time I'm letting that witch on my radio again. I wonder if she disabled the auto turrets at the cockpit.' He shook his head at the thought.

Meiko wasn't the kind of girl to leave a ship vulnerable out in the middle of space. Especially with the Sith watching their every move. Snow gathered around the entrance to the landing platform, and Matt couldn't resist the urge to throw a snowball at a Padawan Learner. Soon the little prank turned into all-out war as young Knights gathered around Matt to prepare snow blockades against the Padawans. Snowballs fell as laughter could be heard echoing outward throughout the temple.

"I think that's enough fun for one day don't you think, Padawan Mira?" Matt asked the red headed Padawan as she stood up from her snow fort.

"Aw come on, Master Ishida. One more round?" The inquisitive and eager Padawan pleaded as she gathered up the snow for one more ball. Matt felt the snow hit his robes as he raised his hood for the coming winds that blew in with Alderaanian snow storms.

"Not today Padawan, I think it's time you get indoors. I have some work I have to do on the Hawk." Matt said as he gently pushed the Padawan into the temple.

'If this piece of junk returns from Korriban, I'll be one happy and ecstatic Jedi.' Matt started to mess with the controls, placing restrictions on certain destinations in the outer rim and removing coordinates for Coruscant. The last thing he wanted was to have TK and Kari get an idea that Coruscant was safer than Alderaan. Suddenly, an alarm sounded with steam coming out of the lower Hyperdrive deck.

"You stupid piece of junk! I just fixed this on the way here!" Matt yelled as he ran towards the engine room.

"So I was right! It is a piece of junk!" Meiko yelled as she came on board. All she could hear was Matt's tumbling body slide into the garage and a scream that soon followed the loud bang.

"Meiko! You scared the living hell out of me!" Matt exclaimed with his nostrils flaring at the black haired Grey Jedi. He could tell she could barely see, since her glasses kept fogging with the steam from the engine room.

"Shouldn't you be meeting Master Kido right about now young lady?" Matt asked as he grabbed the hydrospanner and started tightening bolts around the hyperdrive.

Meiko stomped her foot on the ground. "I would love to, but no one has told me where his quarters are!"

"Well, excuse me, princess. I thought one of the local Jedi academy droid butlers would've told you where he is."

"Well it most certainly would be nice, wouldn't you agree?" Meiko asked, still peeved about how he wasn't paying attention to her.

"While we're at it, would you like a complementary towel to go along with your grand status of being our guest? Want me to fetch your slippers too? Our pool is in great use, especially since the addition of some Firaxan sharks from Manaan!" His voice dripped with sarcasm through the steam.

"Fine! I'll go find one of those butler droids!" Meiko stormed off the Hawk and marched towards the nearest butler droid.

"Good! I don't want to discuss this in a committee!" Matt yelled after her, expecting her not to hear him.

"I AM NOT A COMMITTEE!" She yelled back in a surprising loud voice. She would have none of his attitude, all she wanted to know was where Master Kido's quarters were. Instead she got a rebuke from her supposed co-pilot.