Trial of Spirit

As their ship took off from Alderaan's spaceport, Kari and TK looked up the sunset horizon. It looked peaceful enough, as peaceful as one could get in wartime. Where the two Padawans were going however, peace was considered a lie. Passion would dictate their actions, which would gain them strength. The strength necessary to achieve their power in such an environment. With such power, victory would be theirs, and their chains would be broken. The Force would free them from their imprisonment.

"I have a bad feeling about this TK. Something is going to happen, and we won't be able to control it." Kari said as she went into a cuddle position in the cockpit of the Ebon Hawk. Korriban was no place for a Jedi Padawan. The homeworld of the Sith, it was a place of great darkness, and forbidden to Jedi.

"We'll deal with that when we get there, let's just get there first." TK said as he programmed the coordinates into the navicomputer. "Whatever happens... I'm glad I got to spend the night dancing with you." TK looked up at Kari with a smile of remorse.

"I would be honored if you were to give me another." Kari said, prodding him with her finger.

The ship entered hyperspace, leaving behind the rest of the group, including their concerned masters. TK then got up and started to meditate in the garage. Parts started to float around as Kari walked in. Noticing he didn't want to be disturbed, she quickly left the garage and wound up in the engine room.

'Can we really do this? Korriban is forbidden to Jedi, and I think... will TK be okay?' Kari stopped herself as she awoke from her daydream. Was what she feeling for TK actually true? Could she feel love for him, even after all the Jedi had done to not promote emotional attachments. 'I guess this is what happens when you have Tai as a master... you forget that you don't follow exactly what the council says.' Kari knew what she felt was true. It was purely genuine, but would TK feel the same? Could it be possible? They had known each other since they were small children, even before their brothers had become Masters of the Jedi Order. Only time would tell, and if they survived this mission.

TK sat in his meditation, emptying his mind in preparation for Korriban's trials. His mind drifted to many things, including Kari. 'What? I can't be thinking this. It could jeopardize the mission. Although... that hair, and that beautiful face.' He quickly snapped back to reality, the ship was coming out of hyperspace and with it, gave way to the brown rock that was covered in the energy of the Dark Side.

It was enough to send chills down one's spine, and the two Padawans were no different.

"Look at it... It's like no one is here to guard it. No Sith security force, no fleets of warships. Almost like they want us to be here." TK said as he started to approach to land.

________________________________________________________________________________

Tai and Sora were outside of the ancient temple looking over the snow-covered mountains, admiring the sunset. Tai's mind however, was on his Padawan. She was most certainly not ready for Korriban, especially after going through Kashyyykk and changing the fate of a planet.

"Sora, I'm worried about Kari." He said with a solemn tone.

Sora put her hand on his shoulder. "It'll be okay, Tai," she assured her friend. "Kari and TK can definitely handle themselves in the face of adversity."

Sora then moved up to look over the fountain that laid over the courtyard. "Besides, she's your Padawan. You've trained her well." She looked over to Tai, who had a look of admiration on his face.

Tai had always respected Sora as a friend. Ever since they were children, he had always looked up to her and knew that he could count on her to help him in a pinch. He hoped that she knew he would do the same for her. Even though she was made a Jedi Master long before he was, she never acted like she was better than him.