Duel of the Fates

Tai and Davis activated their lightsabers as they hurried towards the entrance hall to fight off the intruders. Once they got there, they saw the bodies of various Jedi scattered across the entire hall. In the middle stood a figure in a dark cloak with the hood pulled up, a red lightsaber humming menacingly at their side. "Who are you?" Tai demanded. "Show yourself!"

The assailant jumped at Tai, who jumped in the air to dodge the strike. But this was anticipated by the hooded figure. "Do you really think that you've won? No one can defeat my speed!" the figure roared in a mechanic voice. The red lightsaber plunged itself into Tai's side, causing him to wince in pain as he fell back towards his apprentice. "Master!" Davis yelled as he ran towards Tai. Tai however, while breathing heavily, recovered quickly, and assumed a Shien stance of attack. "Davis... get back" was all that came out of Tai Kamiya. The figure launched another saber strike towards Tai, aiming straight for his chest. "You will soon die!"

"NO!" Davis cried as he blocked the attack with his lightsaber.

Tai dodged the attack, spun around and just as he was about to attack his assailant, a devastating kick was delivered to his ribs. Tai was pushed back so hard that he left a small crater in one of the pillars of the temple.

"What's wrong? Is this all the great Tai Kamiya has to offer? I expected more from the man who mastered the JarKai Var style." The dark figure said as she prepared for another critical Makashi attack. Tai's breathing slowed, his heartbeat became slower as he stood up. Something inside him had finally let itself out, and this Dark Jedi would feel it. For now, he was no longer Tai Kamiya, but the last apprentice of Ulic Qel-Droma. He opened his eyes; a shade of bright yellow had taken over the blue orbs that decorated his face. Davis looked at his master, with a look of pure shock.

"Master?" The figure launched her critical strike that was thought to be impossible to dodge. However, Tai had dodged it with was, spinning around and landing an elbow to the figure's neck, sending her flying out of the window.

"You fail to recognize... I am the last Apprentice of Ulic Qel-Droma. After seeing a technique at least twice in my lifetime I can think of at least one or two ways around it. Come Davis, we have business to take care of." The Apprentice said as he jumped out of the window after the figure.

The assailant chuckled with a small evil venom laced. "Finally, the man who took my beloved away..." She landed on her feet, boots hitting the concrete as she readied her blade for another attack.

                                        * * * * 

Matt hurried to the roof of the temple, part of already collapsing under fire from the swarming Sith fighters. 'Damnit! If this keeps up, the temple will become a tomb for the entire Jedi Order' He moved quickly, dodging falling debris and performing flips to gain extra altitude before finally reaching his destination. He grabbed the comlink on his belt, throwing his hood up to protect from the wind and snow. "Meiko! Keep the younglings inside! Get them to the Council Chambers! TK, you and Ken find Joe and give him the situation report. I want to know where that Son of a Huttlet is during this time of crisis!" He tried to punch in Izzy's group but soon found his position under fire. A lone Sith fighter snuck its way out of formation and single handedly targeted Matt. He jumped out of the way of a pair of turbolaser blasts. Letting the Force flow through him, he brought his hands up and targeted the Sith fighter. "Here's something you can't do." He brought down the fighter with great tenacity, letting it slam against the roof. Whoever the pilot was, he moved with such speed that even Matt had a hard time tracking his movements.

The figure jumped out of the cockpit of the fighter, just before it exploded. Landing a good distant away from the target, it moved with speed and agility, igniting the lightsaber it brought and attacking Matt with ferocity. Matt barely had enough time to block the attack before the assailant was on him again with another flash of attacks. The style of combat was something he recognized as Djem So. There was only one person he knew with that kind of power. He dropped his cloak, letting it hit the cold rooftop as the figure did the same. The masked warrior finally spoke, "It is time to see which is better, Djem So, or Vaapad." The robotic hiss was not lost due to the wind, and Matt felt his body shake at the sound of it. The modulator sounded female, and he was sure that's what his target was.