Chapter 9

*Two Weeks Later*

Calico's P.O.V

It's been about two and half weeks since the black and white cat first struck.

I was still in heat due to Jasper not helping me at all.

I was getting sick and tired of this and I knew I would lose him soon.

His side of the bond was weakening significantly and Jakob was not happy.

He was furious that Jasper was "Letting go of our perfect little kitten"
And I quote.

I opened my eyes and carefully got out of Peyton's bed.

I grabbed a small duffle bag and quietly made my way to Jasper's room.

I opened the door and saw Jasper laying on his side,sleeping.

I tiptoed towards the closet and grabbed a few of my more comfortable outfits.

I slipped on my sneakers and turned around to see Jasper siting at the end of the bed,eyes darkened of course.

"Please don't leave"

Jakob begged. I sighed and hugged him.

"I can't stay and you know that. Without Jasper the mate bond will break soon. For Nala's sake I have to go"

He looked at me with tears in his eyes and grabbed me by my waist.

He pulled me to his lips and kissed me. I instantly kissed back, wrapping my arms around his neck.

Jakob well technically Jasper tasted like mint and chocolate.

I sighed and pulled back leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Nala will say her goodbyes then you must go to bed. I can't let Jasper know right now"

He nodded sadly and I let Nala say her goodbye.

"Goodbye my love"

She kissed him again and again till I took control again.

I grabbed the duffle bag and waved goodbye to Jakob and closed the door quietly.

I waited till I heard quiet snores so I knew Jasper was sleeping.

I quietly went downstairs and guess what I saw.

A little kitten starring at me. I glared and set the bag down.

I may be leaving but this little fuck won't ruin the pack house.

I shifted and lunged at the cat. He hissed and slashed at my stomach, I barely dodged it.

He leaped on me as we wrestled. He managed to scratch my ear and bite my neck, thank god not deep.

I continued to fight the cat when he started running around the main area knocking things down.

I leaped on the cat and we rolled across the floor. I pinned him to the ground,flattening my ears and barring my fangs.

A ripple of gasps came from behind me and I turned to see literally the entire pack looking at us wide eyed.

The cat took my shock in advance and rolled over pinning me to the ground.

He bared his fangs at me and I pushed him off. I shifted back quickly.

"Shift cat!"

The black and white cat hissed at me but obliged and shifted into a dark-haired man.

I growled at him and he growled back. I stood up and put my hand to my neck trying to stop the bleeding.

"Guess what? I didn't lie!"

I growled at the pack. I grabbed my bag, putting it over my shoulder.

I walked towards the door and said over my shoulder

"Say hi to Jakob for me"

Jasper stood there shocked. The pack stood there shocked as well when Peyton pushed her way through the crowd.

"Don't leave! Please!"

Pey pleaded. I looked at her and sighed

"The bond is at it's breaking point. It's only a matter of..."

I clutched my chest where my heart is and fell to one knee.

I felt a burning sensation but it didn't feel bad. I felt the bond repair itself and two arms enveloped me.

I looked up to see crying baby blue eyes. I started to cry myself as I hugged back.

"I'm so so sorry Calico"

He whispered nuzzling into my neck. I leaned my head onto his chest sighing.

I looked over his shoulder to see the pack apologizing quietly to me.

I smiled and nodded at the pack. They all smiled back and left to go back to bed except of Blondie of course.

She stood there sneering and I pulled from the embrace and stalked over to her.

"Next time I have a crisis if you lay a hand on my mate I will personally kill you"

I growled at her. She took a step back fear evident in her eyes.

She turned around and ran up the stairs. I looked around and saw the mess that the man had made.

Speaking of which was gone. I sighed and looked to see a sobbing Jasper.

I ran to him and hugged him whispering little words of comfort.

"It's a-all my f-fault. I'm so s-so so-orry"

I hugged him tighter responding

"It's ok. You were trying to protect the pack and I was new and looked to be posing a threat"

I cupped his tear stained face and forced him to look at me. I smiled and leaning in and kissed him softly.

853 Words