seven

- god knows where I would be -
- if you hadn't found me -
- sitting all alone in the dark -

●●●

It had been almost five months since I first came to the institute, and I was finally getting my head around this shadowhunting thing. So much had happened in the past year. So much had changed in the last year, but there was one thing that stayed the same. My feelings for Simon. 

I sigh as I walk towards the Jade Wolf, recalling all of the memories from the year prior. Luke greets me as I walk through the doors and take a seat in a booth. I was here on official shadowhunting business; many mundanes were being attacked and turned by werewolves and I was here to question Luke about it. I knew that he had nothing to do with it, but there were a few people in his pack that I didn't trust.

"Thanks for meeting with me," I say, "There are a few things I want to ask about."

"No problem, Aaliyah." Luke says, as a waiter sets down two plates of mushu pork in front of us,"it is a horrible thing, turning mundanes, I mean. It is against pack rules."

Luke and I discussed the issues for a while, but when we couldn't come to any conclusions on who had done it, I left. It was dark out by the time I left, so I brought out my witchlight. It gave off a dull glow; just bright enough to see in front of me. I was walking through an alley, it was a shortcut to the institute.

Suddenly, I felt a presence behind me. I whip around, witchlight in front of me, ready to fight, but I see nothing there. It must have been my mind playing tricks on me, I thought, so I continued walking.

Once again I felt a presence, but the difference this time was that the presence was directly in front of me. It was a werewolf, I pull out my stele and feebly try to activate one of my many runes that would help me get away. I was too late. I scream as the beast jumps at me, knocking me to the ground. He tore at my skin, leaving a large gash across my stomach. I cry out in pain as I try to move to forward to push the wolf off. There was no use, I was too weak to do anything but scream.

Soon after it had attacked me, the wolf ran away. It had gotten what it wanted, to turn me. I know that's what it wanted. I was left alone in the dark, just waiting. Waiting for the dreaded change. The change is what happens after somebody is turned, it is very dangerous. The first change was always the worst; Luke had told me many things about werewolves, so I knew that I had to get to an isolated area so I had no chance to harm anybody. I tried to stand, but the pain was too much. All I could do was sit on the dark and pray that everything was going to be fine. I felt tears fall down my face, and I took a deep breath. I sat there I silence for a little bit, listening to the sounds of the city as I prepare myself for what was gonna come next. I was startled when I heard a voice cut through the silence, "Are you alright?"

"Simon? Is that you?" I call out through tears.

"Aaliyah!" He exclaimed as he moved closer, taking in the image before him. I was sprawled out; shirt was soaked through with blood; hair filled with dirt and blood; tears running down my face."come with me. NOW."

"No," I mutter weakly, "I'll hurt you."

"What do you mean?" He questioned anxiously, "You are too weak to even move!"

"I'm going to change." I breathe out, "it was a werewolf."

"I'll get you to Luke." He demanded, grabbing my arm and heaving me up. He used his super speed to bring me to the Jade Wolf, I felt my self drifting off. I heard a few last words before everything went fuzzy, "I'll make sure you're safe, Aaliyah."

Then it was complete darkness.