「 two 」

"Ashton, go get Lauren...we have something to tell you two."the wavy brunette adult inform the teen one day. It is a casual day when his father is cooking dinner for the family. He is a work-from-home father that usually travels for his business that he made.

He quizzicality raise an eyebrow while getting up from the comfort of the chair and heading to get Lauren from her room.

The fourteen year old is currently sitting on her bed, doing her homework while occasionally reading her phone. Ashton doesn't worry about her getting her work done, she's pretty dependable and is smart for her age. He knows that she won't get too distracted from her phone.

"Hey Laur, dads want us."he inform before heading back to the kitchen. This time is other father is in the room, sitting next to the other man.

He went to sit across from them and waited until Lauren is sitting right next to him.

"Are we in trouble?"she ask after a short moment of silence. It is normal for them to be called down to talk. Rarely it's because they are in trouble, most of it is when they want to chat and ask how we are.

"No you are not. Unless you two want me to scold at you for no reason."the wavy brunette chuckles.

He watch as the couple went to hold hands, also watching as the same man lightly squeeze the other's hand. He recalls that whenever they do that, it's something important that they want to tell them.

"Are you considering adding another member to the family?"Ashton questions, his eyebrow returning up.

"If we are, can we have a daughter? I would love to have a girl in this family!"she quickly adds, getting excited about the nonexistent topic.

"No, can you please stop guessing and let us speak please?"the curly blonde male inform. Even though he's younger than the other man, he is more of the boss in the house.

"Yes, sorry."

"Anyways, your father and I have some news to tell you two."the man starts, then let the brunette finish.

"We have decided that we should move."he says and held his breath, waiting to hear upset responses from his children.

"But why? I love it here! Why do we need to move from a place that we all love?"Lauren questions, Ashton nods along because he feels the same way. He always heard his fathers saying how much they love Los Angeles, the family loves it here because there's so much to do! Plus, the city is welcoming to the LBGTQ community and he feels completely safe here.

"Yes, we also love it here. We don't want to leave this wonderful city—"

Ashton cuts off his father, "Then why are we moving?"

The blonde male takes a deep breath while staring at his lover before looking back at his kids. "My father is not feeling well and he wants us to be by his side."

A soft gasp left Ashton's and Lauren's lips because grandpa Shaun made everything better. Ashton loves him and will call him for advice at times, despite the time difference. They know about what's going on with him, but they didn't know it was that serious.

The blonde bite his lower lip to refrain from tearing up. He couldn't cry in front of his kids, he has to be strong for them. But it's his father and he deeply cares about him, he was there for everything that he did growing up. He was also his huge supporter with everything he done. The other male is softly rubbing his hand up and down his arm in comfort.

"Um, where are we moving?"Ashton quietly ask in the longing silence.

"In a week, and we already bought a house down there so all we have to worry about is our furniture."the other male answers after not talking in awhile. He knew that the man need a moment.

"I'm going to call the school tomorrow to inform them, just leave it to me."

"You are dismissed until dinner is ready."

Lauren slowly got up and head back to her room to finish her homework. Ashton stayed behind for a little bit before returning to his spot on the couch.

Sure he's not looking forward to the move. It's going to be rough to move from one country to another, even though he's been there before. He's not looking forward to the flight down and the jet lag. But he has to be there for his grandfather because he is in need of support and wanting all his family to be by his side though this.

The only thing is, he doesn't want to exchange schools. He doesn't want to see new faces because he's afraid of being discriminated by his sexuality. That's the thing he's worried about; at school he didn't have to worry because most people are apart of the community and he became best friends with several of them. It will all be different once he arrives in Perth, where his father was raised.

He doesn't even know if people will accept him. Well, it could be easy if he doesn't tell anyone his sexuality—which is going to be hard. He knows once he steps foot in whatever school his fathers place him in, people would ask questions about himself.

He doesn't like that, he rather have people ignore him.

While he was deep in thoughts, he absentmindedly trace the eight on his wrist with his finger. It's something he always does whenever he overthink about everything. Knowing that his soulmate is somewhere in the world, doing the same thing and wonder where their other half is. It's unbelievable to think that he has a little left before he finds his soulmate! He's extremely happy that he will finally meet his other half.

That thought left a soft smile on his lips before he move his eyes to see his fathers in the kitchen. He watch as the brunette is comforting his husband and mumbling comforting words. He watch as the older of the two wipe away the tears falling from the blonde's eyes before he left a peck on the forehead.

At an angle, Ashton can see the number on both his fathers' wrist. It's slowly fading because they found one another and got married years ago. On one wrist, it says twenty-three in the similar font as Ashton's. On the other's, it says twenty in the same font.

The sight warm his heart even though his father is crying right now. He knows how close he and his father are and the news is devastating him. The sight made him wish he could have his soulmate right next to him, whisper sweet nothings into his ears as they cuddle.

Maybe the move to Perth won't be so bad. He can make friends and have a new view of scenery. He's secretly hoping that with this move, he can find his soulmate.

______________

Can you guys guess who's the fathers in this story??

:----)

[8/19/17]