「 f i v e 」

Nothing much has change for the dirty blonde as he is hanging out with the same three people at school. Calum had told small stories about the brunette that kept his eyes. He doesn't understand why he wants to be with the brunette, the guy is rude.

He recalls Michael telling him stories of how he stole something from a store and ran away while being chased by the security—which is why he is banned from several places. Or how he disrespects everyone that comes across his path, and so on. That was all at lunch when they had a discussion about the boy. Phoebe had a few stories as well, but it wasn't as bad as Michael's since she doesn't like to judge people she doesn't know. Which Ashton agree as well since he was raised to treat others with respect and everyone is equal.

He doesn't want to believe those stories about the brunette; but he doesn't know anything about him.

They approach calculus and sat at a group of desk before grabbing their things out and getting ready for the class. Ashton casually look around the area to see if the brunette is around, and mentally sigh when he didn't see his figure.

He swear that he is the strangest person ever. Since he's all over the brunette guy that has major attitude problems and hates the world. But somehow can't get him out of Ashton's mind since his face is captivating. He prays that this isn't going to last forever and start going after the bad boys, his fathers wouldn't approve and scold at him for not being raised like that.

But he swears that he felt something click in his chest when he first saw him. Ever since that day, that boy has been in his mind.

Ashton thinks that it's him falling in love—which is impossible because he's not eighteen yet and no one can find their soulmate before their time. He erase the crazy thought from his head as he stares at the board in front of them, only to find that class has already started.

He quickly whip open his notebook and jot down the notes that the teacher is writing on the board.

Suddenly, his focus was interrupted when the door creak open and a figure walk inside. All eyes were on the person as Ashton follow suit and saw it is the brunette at the door.

"Where is your pass, Hemmings?" the teacher ask in annoyance because the class was interrupted.

He doesn't say anything and went to find a seat in the back as the teacher sigh before continuing on. Which Ashton took a quick glance at him before looking back at the board so he doesn't get caught by him.

The boy has a hard stare on his face, as if his mind is consume with negative thoughts and he's trying not to let it get the best of him. Ashton wish he could just talk to him, but after what both Calum and Michael informed him—he doesn't feel like getting punched.

The dirty blonde doesn't bother with it until lunch rolls around as the table watch the brunette sit there, with that same emotionless stare on his face.

"Do any of you guys know what's up with him?" asked Ashton after awhile of them watching him.

"I honestly don't know, he doesn't talk much. When he does, he isn't afraid to speak what's on his mind. Sometimes it is harsh." Phoebe inform with a shrug as she takes a drink of water.

"Which is why we don't really talk to him." Michael adds to her statement.

"Can I just walk up and talk to him?"

"No, unless you want to plan your own funeral. He hates people talking to him." Calum respond to his comment as the other two stare at Ashton.

"Well, I'm going to." Ashton said while standing up.

"Are you fucking crazy?" shouts Michael as his emerald eyes widened.

"Mate, I'm not sure that's a good idea." Phoebe adds as her voice is wary about Ashton's action.

"Come on, is it that bad? What's the worst he can do? Fight me in that spot?"

"Look my dude, if you are feeling for a black eye, go ahead, but don't complain to us because we warned you." Calum state as he held his arms up to surrender.

Ashton shrug it off and start heading to the table where the brunette is sitting alone at. For some reason, he felt his heart bound as their words swarm his mind. No, he has to prove them wrong, there are always good in people—even if they aren't the nicest.

His hands start to sweat when he approach the table. Which caught the eyes of the brunette as his emotionless stare turn to a scowl.

"Uh, hello...you probably remembered me from the other day. It's perfect if you don't remember who I am or if you don't want to talk to me. I'm just stopping by to say hello." Ashton smile at the brunette, hopefully to get a reaction from him.

"Ah, is it because you were dared to? And I remember who you are." the brunette spat at him, which the dirty blonde figured—so he didn't take it to heart.

"Well...no. My friends were saying stuff about you and I wanted to prove them wrong."

"Whatever your friends are saying, it's true and you should back the fuck off. I don't tolerate with people and you should leave."

"Before I go, may I ask for your name?"

"Why would you care?" he scoff. "I don't care what your name is and you shouldn't care on what mine is. I don't plan on making friends."

"But—"

"You have three seconds to run before I kick your ass out of here." he scowl and Ashton swore he saw his eyes turn extremely dark. Which he quickly backed off and head back to the table as the other three were staring intently at the dirty blonde, hoping that he doesn't get punched.

As he returns, he was bombarded with questions from them and told them to calm down and he answered many questions.

He look back and glance at the brunette staring intently at the table with his fist clenched. He was glad that he was gone before the boy used it to punch him in the face.

Ashton hates seeing someone alone, he want to be friends with the mysterious brunette. But he understand that he is difficult and that it's going to take some time to open his shell.

He's going to try his hardest to open his shell, and it doesn't matter how annoying he has to be in order to do it. He's willing to take on the challenge as he remembers his papa telling him that people are different and that some have a hard shell to break.

Maybe it was from experience that the brunette went through and that's why he's the way he is. Ashton sigh as he went to finish his food, and not responding much to each of them.

___________

10/8/17

HOMECOMING IS THIS WEEKEND IM SO EXCITED!!! TOMORROW IS PAJAMA DAY FOR SPIRIT WEEK AND IM GOING TO WEAR MY PIKACHU ONESIE

I HOPE MICHAEL CLIFFORD WOULD LOVE ME