t w o

Please read the note at the bottom: it contains my update info
Italics in a sentence is usually thoughts
One word italics is usually emphasis
Paragraphs of italics is flashbacks

The rain hadn't stopped since yesterday, and (name) hadn't gone to sleep yet. She didn't trust the men in this house yet, still too on edge to be able to sleep comfortably.

She curled up on the window seat, shivering slightly and too scared to ask for a blanket. The sound of the rain pattering against the glass panes calmed her slightly, but her nerves were running wild and her fingernails were chewed down until the skin around it was red and raw.

(Name) flinched when the warmth of a blanket envelopes her shoulders. She glanced at the person, seeing it was just Jeongguk and relaxed slightly, but only slightly. Jeongguk slid into the empty space next to her, wrapping the blanket tightly around her shivering body.

"You could have just asked for a blanket, you know," Jeongguk said, not making eye contact with (name). She merely shrugged. "You hungry?"

"Are you going to poison the food?"

Jeongguk laughed. "You don't trust us, huh?" He stood. "It's okay, you can trust me. I'm your brother."

(Name) frowned. "I don't have a brother."

Having a brother was all Eunha could dream of. After getting adopted, she had been ecstatic to realize that she would have a brother.

She giggled as she envisioned him: tall, handsome, strong, a year older than her. He'd be protective of her and help her with her homework when she didn't want to do it.

Her new mother dropped her off outside a mansion. "Your brother lives here, just knock and say that I dropped you off, okay?" Eunha nodded, taking her suitcase out of the trunk. "We'll be back by the end of summer. Have fun!"

Eunha waved at the car until it disappeared around the corner, only then turning to face the large mansion before her. She raised her hand, poised to knock, and hesitated.

What if her brother didn't like her? What if she was too clingy, too loud, too annoying? Eunha shook her head. She shouldn't think like that. She had to be positive. With a smile and a nod to herself, she knocked.

Jeongguk heard a knock on the door. He frowned; they usually didn't get visitors. He left (name) on the window seat, going to check who was at the door.

It was a girl. Two girls in one week? That was oddly surprising considering (name) didn't want to be here and this girl just wandered up to the door.

"Who are you?" Jeongguk asked.

The girl dropped into a bow. "My name is Jeon Eunha and my mother - adoptive, that is - dropped me off here. Her name is Jeon Shinyoung."

"That's my mom's name..." Jeongguk whispered, not intending for Eunha to hear him.

"Are you Jeon Jeongguk?" When Jeongguk nodded, Eunha's mouth broke into a wide grin. "Mom told me a lot about you!" She giggled.

When the rest of the boys got home, all of them plus Eunha and (Name) sat in a circle so they could talk. Jeongguk made sure (name) stayed by his side - he knew she trusted him the most so far - and Eunha had squeezed herself between Yoongi and Taehyung, both of whom looked very uncomfortable to have the bubbly girl practically pressed against their sides.

"Who are you?" Namjoon asked, finally breaking the silence that had enveloped the room.

"My name is Jeon Eunha, and Jeon Jeongguk is my brother." Eunha flashed a smile at Jeongguk.

Namjoon frowned. "I thought (name) was your sister." Jeongguk could only shrug.

"I never said he was my brother when Hoseok brought me in," (Name) mumbled.

Hoseok sighed. "That's true. I kind of just assumed but I suppose your mother wouldn't ever do that." Jeongguk nodded in agreement.

Jeongguk felt a smaller hand grab onto his. He glanced down briefly, following the arm up to (name), and smiled lightly, before realizing what - rather, who - she was looking at.

(Name)'s gaze was flitting between Eunha and the floor, scared to catch the other girl's gaze. Jeongguk frowned in anxiousness. A small feeling in his stomach told him something was going to go horribly wrong.

Sorry for not updating in so long, but I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!! As for my update schedule, it might be a bit weird. I'll try to update every other week, especially since school is starting in September, and I'm doing a lot of extra  things after school, so apologies if I don't always meet that schedule. Please stick with my story!