e p i l o g u e

IMPORTANT NOTE AT END OF THE CHAPTER

We saw the mirage in the desert but we couldn't grasp it
Praying that we'll remain in this desert till the end
Praying that this isn't truly our reality
In the end, we reached the mirage and it became our reality
The scary desert became the ocean with our blood, sweat and tears
But why is there this fear in between the happiness?
Because we know too well that this place is really a desert
I don't wanna cry
I don't wanna rest
No, who cares if we rest a little?
No no no
I don't wanna lose
It's always a desert
I told you everything
Then I'll just be more depressed

Stage one: denial

Yoongi brushed his hand against the pillow next to him, where you used to sleep. No, where you do sleep. You weren't gone. You were just... away. Yeah, that was it.

Yoongi refused to accept that you were dead. He made up tales in his mind, spinning up stories about how you were with your friends for a few weeks, how you'd gotten adopted by a loving couple and were going to stay with them for a week.

You weren't dead yet. Not in Yoongi's mind.

Stage two: anger

Namjoon threw a punch at the man before him. His fist connected with a satisfying crunch, blood beginning to drop out of the man's nose.

Not giving the man time to recover, Namjoon drove his foot into his kneecap, sending him down to his knees. A sadistic smile remained on his face as he dug his heel into the man's side again and again and again.

"Please stop, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm–"

Namjoon just cackled as the man's eyes rolled to the back of his head. "It's what you deserve, bastard."

"Namjoon!" Seokjin skidded around the corner on his motorcycle, coming to a screeching halt at the sight of the man passed out at his feet.

"Ah, Seokjin-hyung! Let's go, i was done here anyway," said Namjoon with a cheerful smile, climbing on the back of the bike behind Seokjin.

Seokjin could only frown.

Stage three: bargaining

"Oi, (name), will you back quickly if I pay you? That'll work right?" Jimin laughed to himself as he turned over on his bed. "Oh, I know! I'll buy you your favorite food whenever you want it. So, (name), come home soon."

Waiting quietly with a smile on his face, Jimin stared out the window as if you were going to come back. As if you hadn't died.

"Jimin, you're crying," Hoseok pointed out.

Jimin raised a hand to his eye, realizing that he had in fact started to cry. Warm tears trickled down his cheeks, a sob escaped his throat.

"Hyung, she'll come back, right?" He grabbed onto Hoseok's arm. "All I have to do is buy her favorite food and drink and she'll come back."

"Jimin..."

"She'll be back."

Stage four: depression

Jeongguk felt empty. Numb. Exhausted. He'd long since run out of tears to cry. He'd tossed and turned at night with thoughts of you running rampage across his mind.

"Jeongguk, breakfast is ready."

Seokjin. Jeongguk barely glanced at him. He didn't want breakfast. He didn't want to get out of bed. He didn't want to do anything.

What was wrong with him? Normally he would play games with Taehyung or eat with Seokjin, but today he just felt like dying.

Death.

Jeongguk hadn't ever considered death before, not even when he had been caught by the enemy because he made a stupid miscalculation and ended up being tortured half to death. Even then, he had promised to survive.

He didn't know if he would be able to keep that promise anymore.

Stage five: acceptance

She was dead. It hit Taehyung harder than anyone, but after holing up in his room for a while and crying out all his sadness, he felt better. Despite not really knowing (name) for a long time, and not being as close with her as Yoongi was, Taehyung realized that (Name) had slipped her way into their lives and made them happy.

And maybe that was okay.

Wanna Cry™.  It's been a shitty week guys.
‼️IMPORTANT NOTE‼️: I asked one of my friends if I should do an ending where (name) doesn't die and she said yes, do you guys want or nah?