n i n e

(Name) almost regretted running away.

Almost.

She did regret leaving a place she called home behind. She regretted leaving a place where she was accepted. She hated herself for leaving people she loved behind, again.

She didn't regret running, though. Because Hoseok said he hated her and Jimin was a sore memory from the past that wished her dead. Because Jeongguk wasn't her brother, because Yoongi understood all too well.

Because she was scared that the walls she had so carefully put up would be destroyed by these men that she didn't want to trust, that they would hurt her again, that they wouldn't care the next time they did.

As (name) looked up into the sky, it began to rain.

It was raining. The water poured down, and all Jeongguk could do was watch. His cheeks were stained with tears, his hands clammy and his toes cold.

"Jeongguk." Seokjin poked his head in from the doorway. "Ah, you're awake."

"Hi, hyung." Jeongguk sighed. Seokjin frowned and stepped into the room.

"Jimin and Namjoon were looking for you." Seokjin rested his hands on the younger boy's shoulders, gently massaging them. "I think it's important."

Jeongguk stood, letting Seokjin's hands drop. He pushed past him, leaving Seokjin to stare after him, worry in his eyes. Sighing, he followed after Jeongguk, meeting with the others in the living room.

"So, (Name) ran away," Namjoon announced, once Seokjin had arrived. "And we need to find her."

"What do you mean she ran?" Yoongi hissed.

Namjoon looked at Hoseok, an eyebrow raised. Hoseok stood, his mouth opening and closing like a fish as he thought of something to say.

"I, um, I messed up," he confessed. "I said something I know I shouldn't have but it slipped out of my mouth and I couldn't stop it so she ran. It's my fault." He dropped into a 90 degree bow. "I'm sorry, Yoongi-hyung."

Yoongi didn't respond.

Taehyung found (name) under the shelter of a bus stop. He sat next to her, noting the way she pretended she didn't know him.

"(Name)," Taehyung called. "Come back."

"No."

"We're all worried, (name), please," he begged softly. (Name) didn't respond this time. Her eyes were focused on two bright lights off in the distance, but Taehyung knew that the bus shouldn't be coming for another ten minutes.

Then why was (Name) standing up? Why did she send him a sad look and a soft smile? Why was she walking out into the middle of the road?

"(Name)!" Taehyung screeched, his hand reaching out to pull the girl back.

He was too late.

Short (like me ;-;) but the next chapter is the epilogue sooooo ;)
This story wasn't meant to go over ten chapters anyway don't get mad at me bc it's short *^*