e i g h t

"Would you care if I died?"

Jimin was stunned into silence. "What?" He stuttered. "What kind of question is that? Are you crazy, did you hit your—"

"Stop!" (Name) shook slightly as her gaze rose to meet his. "Please. Just... yes or no?"

Jeongguk frowned. Something felt off. "(Name)?" He whispered to himself. Leaving his room he saw Jimin standing outside the room (name) was in, his head tilted down and tears dripping down his cheeks. "Jimin-hyung?"

Jimin's head snapped up. "Ah, Jeonggukie. Do you want to see (name)?" He asked, wiping away the tears. "She's inside."

Jeongguk frowned as Jimin walked away from him but decided to check on (name) first. Walking in, he saw her sobbing into her pillow, the tears forming stains against the white bedsheets.

"(Name)?" He whispered, sitting down on the bed next to her. "Hey, (name)."

"What?" (Name) snapped, not looking at him.

"Why are you crying?"

"It doesn't matter."

"It does to me."

"Why would it?!" (Name) sat up, glaring at Jeongguk. "I don't have any family and the people I care for all would be happier if I died!"

"I wouldn't be happy if you died!" Jeongguk yelled. "I'm your brother, and I'm going to protect you!"

"You are not my brother!" (Name) shakily stood, glaring at Jeongguk. "I don't have any family left! They all abandoned me!"

"Then I'll be your family, we'll be your family!"

"Shut up, shut up, shut up!"

"What on earth is all this screaming?" Seokjin yelled, bursting into the room. He stopped when he saw the tears streaming down (name)'s face and the gloss covering Jeongguk's eyes.

"Nothing," (name) spat. "I'm going for a walk."

"You're still hurt!" Seokjin protested as (name) pushed past him. "At least take someone with you."

Once (name) was out of sight, Seokjin turned on Jeongguk. "What did you say to her?"

"Nothing. It doesn't matter." Jeongguk pushed his way past Seokjin, hiding in his room. He didn't want to come out.

Hoseok didn't expect that (name) would have chosen him to go on a walk with her. He had practically terrified her the first time in the car, and even though he had begun to warm up to her, she seemed to be the closest to Jimin.

Speaking of Jimin, Hoseok asked, "What happened to Jimin? I saw him running back to his room crying."

(Name) stayed silent.

"Did you hurt my dongsaeng?" Hoseok sneered at the ground when (name) looked away. "I'll fucking murder you."

"Stop." Hoseok frowned and stopped where he was. "I'm leaving. Don't look for me, don't tell the others anything. I won't bother you anymore."

"(Name)?" Hoseok furrowed his brows. What was she doing?

"It's What you wanted, right? For me to be gone? For me to stop hurting your friends?" (Name) asked, her gaze cold.

"Well, yeah..." Hoseok mumbled. "But Yoongi-hyung and Seokjin-hyung don't want you to leave! They really like you! Wait– (name)!"

But she was long gone.

"Jimin, it's okay. It's not your fault." Namjoon cradled a sobbing Jimin in his arms, his sweater getting soaked with tears.

"But it is hyung!" Jimin looked up at Namjoon, tears glossing his cheeks. "She asked me and I– I fucked up hyung!"

"Then apologize." Namjoon gently stroked Jimin's hair. "If you're sorry for what you said then apologize. She'll probably forgive you. Maybe not right away, but eventually the scars will fade and she'll forgive you."

As Namjoon was about to say something more Hoseok burst into the room, panting.

"(Name) ran."

"Would you care if I died?"

"No."

Note:
For those of you who don't know, dongsaeng is something that older people call their younger friends, so in this case Hoseok is calling Jimin his dongsaeng.
Hyung is a term that younger men use for their older male friends.

Anyway hope you enjoyed this chapter! Comment, vote, share!