Chapter 22 ~ Breakfast Shenanigans

Chapter 22 ~Kali

Mhmm, when did my bed get so comfortable? It's so warm, too. I snuggle deeper into the bed and feel arms wrap around my waist. My eyes snap open to reveal a sleeping Zayn. His breathing steady, his eyes flutter as he dreams. He looks so peaceful and I can't help but smile at his beauty. How is he even real? I've asked myself that question so many times.

After looking up I remember we're at his house. I think of what happened after we...after we said I love you. I actually said it and I really meant it. I scoot closer and softly peck his lips. He smiles and sighs, still asleep. After our word exchange Niall and Liam came home, around 6 or 7. I was still lying on Zayn and they felt it necessary to pile on us. I'm pretty sure I have a bruise or two.

We all watched some TV and ordered take out. I called Louis telling him I didn't know if I'd be coming home, needless to say he wasn't too enthusiastic. It was a pretty chill night and I felt very relaxed. Niall and Liam made me feel very welcomed.

I look pass Zayn at his alarm clock to see it's only 6:30 am. I still have time before I have to be at school. My stomach growls and I scrunch my nose wondering what they have to eat here. Carefully I slip out of Zayn's arms and off the bed. When I'm free of the duvet a cold breeze passes my legs and I look down. I cover my mouth, WHAT THE-NO WAY! I'm only in my underwear and one of Zayn's jumpers. I look around and find a pair of sweats on the floor and slowly pick them up.

I'm prepared for them to smell horrible but when I sniff them they actually smell decent. I shrug and slip them on, rolling the waist band. I tip toe to his door and carefully open it. It creeks a little and I cringe, looking at Zayn I'm relieved to see him still asleep. I slip out and shut the door without a sound.

I walk down the stairs, a couple creek and I silently curse them out. When I make it down I walk into the kitchen and crinkle my nose as I think of where to look first. I decide to try the cabinet over the stove. I stand tip toe and open the door, pancake mix! I let out a sigh of relief, I don't have to eat left overs!

~Zayn

I roll over and go to put my arm around Kali, only to be welcomed by an empty bed. My eyes shoot open and I look around, 6:45 AM. I rub my eyes and breathe in, pancakes?

I jump out of bed and go to grab my sweats off the floor, only they're not there. I swear I left them there. I shrug as I walk to my dresser, grabbing a pair of shorts from the second draw i pull them on. I walk down stairs, the smell of pancakes becoming more and more prominent. 

As I enter the kitchen I see Kali, in my sweats, softly singing by the stove. "Am I asleep, am I awake, or am I somewhere in between. I can't believe that you are here and lying next to me. Or did I dream that we were perfectly entwined? Like branches on a tree or twigs caught on a vine." She sways as she sings. 

She spins and stops singing as soon as she sees me. Her eyes widen; I just smile and clap, "Beautiful."

"How much did you hear?", she tucks a fallen strand of hair behind her ear.

"Enough", I say as I imitate her little hip sway. She covers her face and mumbles a no. I laugh and walk over to her, pulling her into a hug I kiss her head. "Hey, it's fine. It was cute."

She looks up, "Really?"

I nod, "I'm just lucky i found you dancing and singing and not one of the boys. They would have either laughed or been seduced. The second option would have left me short a band mate."

"Zayn!", she smacks my arm and tries to hide her smile. 

"By the way, my clothes look way better on you", I whisper in her ear and kiss her neck.