Now What?

Once the blue Jeep came to a stop, we were outside of the woods. There was a sign blocking the way in. It read:

Beacon Hills Preserve
NO entry after dark

"Hey, read the sign guys." I told them.

"Yea, what about it?" Stiles sighed.

"Just pointing out that we are breaking the rules" I smirked, "Again."

We headed into the dark woods. The trees looked as if they were trying to reach out and grab us.

"Are we really doing this?" Scott asked anxiously.

"You and Sarah are always the one who bitches nothing happens here." Stiles shot back.

"True, very true" I replied.

" I wanted to get a good night's sleep for lacrosse practice tomorrow" Scott informed.

"Like sitting on the bench is such a grueling effort" Stiles replied.

"I'm playing this year" Scott told us confidently.

"I like your confidence, Scott. I don't share it, but I like it" I told him.

"That's nice Scott. It's good to have a dream. Even a pathetically, unrealistic one." Stiles shot him down.

Snap

I stopped walking, making Scott bump into me from behind. " Stiles" I whispered. He turned around questionably. "I heard something."

"Quit being paranoid. Come on." He told me. I took a deep breath and kept going.

"Uh, what part of the body are we looking for?" Scott asked.

"I don't know I didn't even think about that." He replied

"And what if whatever it is that killed it is still out here?" I asked shivering.

"Also did not think about that." He replied unfazed.

"That's great. It's nice to know you thought this threw like usual." I told him. I stepped in the wrong spot on the way up a muddy Hill and started sliding down it. I screamed on the way down. Once I got down at the bottom I yelled up to them. "Thanks for not helping me out assholes!" I joked, with a fake glare.

But they must not have noticed I was messing around with them.

"Oh, god. She's mad." I heard Stiles say. I saw both of there heads pop out from the top of the hill. I slowly got up and trudged up the hill. Every step I took forward they took one back. When I finally got to the top I called out " I'm not going to hurt you." They visibly relaxed. "Yet." I smirked. There eyes widened at what I said.

"Lead the way" I motioned in front of me. They quickly turned around, and walked briskly walked away from me, Stiles with the flashlight. I followed behind.

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

We were still walking when Scott broke the silence. "Maybe the severe asthmatic should be the one to hold the flashlight." He said breathing abnormally. Taking puffs of his inhaler.

"Uh, Stiles I think he's right." I worried. Stiles didn't slow and didn't say anything. Suddenly Stiles fell down on his stomach behind a log. I jumped at the sudden movement. "Get down" Stiles hissed, pulling me down with him. Scott landed on the other side of me, with his inhaler still in his hand. Scott tried to take another puff of his inhaler when Stiles jumped and started running.

It was then that I realized what we were hiding from. The police were right in front of us with their dogs and flashlights.

"Stiles!" I hissed. "Scott come on. We gotta go." I tried pulling him up. We got up running after Stiles. We got close but one of the police dogs got him before we could. Stiles jumped and landed on his back. Scott went behind a tree, pulling me with him.

The dog was still barking at Stiles until we heard a familiar voice. "Hold on. This little delenquent belongs me." Sheriff Stilinski said. Stiles' dad. The dog stopped barking, but the flashlight on his face never let up.

"Do you always listen in on my phone calls?" The sheriff asked.

"No... Well not the boring ones." Stiles replied sheepishly.

"Who? Scott and Sarah? They had things to do. It's just me, in the woods, alone."

"Scott, Sarah!" Sheriff Stilinski called out.

My breathing caught in my throat. I was scared to be caught. If I was I don't know what my father would do. Besides I would never leave Scott or Stiles alone in the woods. Scott and I both kept quiet.

The sheriff turned back to his son, hauling him up by the ear. "Well. I am going to walk you to your car, and when I get home you and I are going to have a talk about invasion of privacy." He said pulling Stiles towards his Jeep.

I relaxed slightly, only then realizing I was right up against Scott. I quickly pulled away from him and asked "well, now what?"