The Beginning

Scott and I walked out of the super market, and into the level three parking lot, holding multiple grocery bags. After I stayed the night at Stiles' house, Scott called to ask if I could help him go shopping, and I obviously said "yes."

"Damn it" Scott muttered. "Come on, we have to go up one more level." He turned back around and headed to the elevator. I tilted my head back and groaned, but followed anyway. When we got to level four, we walked a couple feet, and didn't see his mom's car. We crouched down and set the bags down. I huffed out in annoyance as Scott dug out the car keys from his pocket. He pressed a button, and we heard the car one more level up. We bent down and picked up the grocery bags again. The milk bottle fell out one of Scott's bag and rolled under a car. I sat my bags back down, and Scott kneeled down to grab it, but it rolled back.

"Scott what is it?" I asked not paying attention.

Scott shot up and mumbled "run" with wide eyes. He swiftly started running, leaving me dumbfounded.

"What?" I jumped when I heard a growl behind me. "Shit!" I yelled running after Scott, quickly catching up. Scott ducked behind a car, pulling me with him. We were breathing heavily, trying to slow our heartbeats. Suddenly, Scott jumped up, and pulled me with him. We ran around the corner, and Scott jumped on cars, hoping the alarms would cover our heartbeats. We jumped behind another car, feeling safe until Scott's phone went off.

He fumbled with it as I whispered "turn it off" harshly. Scott got lifted in the air, and slammed back down on the car we were resting on. I stood up ready to fight for my friends life.

Before I could jump on the attacker Scott said "Derek?"

"You're dead" Derek replied watching me warily.

"What the hell" I said slowly. Derek let go of Scott and jumped off the car.

"I said I would teach you. I never said when" Derek replied.

"I never asked for help! So leave me out of it" I said walking back for the groceries.

"No, you did not ask. But I'm not taking no for an answer. Trust me, you need it" Derek smirked.

I turned back mouth agape "I do not" I said offended.

"Uh, yea you do" Derek replied slightly nodding his head.

I went to deny again, but Scott talked first. "Stop fighting like little kids! Sarah and I did good though, right? I mean we were fast right?"

"Not fast enough" Derek shot him down.

"But, the car alarm thing. That was smart, right? I worked right?" Scott asked hopeful.

"Until your phone rang" Derek said walking in my direction.

"Wh- but I couldn't do anything about that" Scott exclaimed.

Derek roughly grabbed Scott's phone from his hand and showed he had one missed call from Allison. "This is the reason I caught you. You need to stay away from her."

"Why? Because she makes you weak. You want my help? Stay away from her" Derek threw Scott's phone at the wall, and it shattered.

"Hey" Scott yelled.

"You can't get angry with her around."

"I can get angry" Scott glared. Honestly, that glare would have me running for the hills.

"Not angry enough. I'm doing this for your own good" Derek muttered walking away. I huffed and wrapped my arm around his.

"C'mon Scott. Let's go get what's left of the food."
🐺🐺🐺🐺