The Howl

Scott and I were walking through the dark woods. "Nothing's going to happen." I kept mumbling to myself trying to reassure myself.

"Will you stop that! You are making me nervous." Scott told me.

"Right, sorry. I'll stop." I wasn't usually this paranoid. I strained my ears to hear better. To see if anything is close by that we couldn't see. I looked to my left when I see a bunch of twigs snap. Scott and I froze trying to see what it was. Scott was slowly moving to where the noise was heard, while reaching into his pocket for his inhaler.

"Scott. I wouldn't." I tried to call out to him but it was to late. Because a herd of deer came running out at us.

I fell on my back, seeing Scott do it also. I put my arms up to try and block my face, and pulled my legs up to protect my stomach. I closed my eyes waiting for it to be over. Once I thought it was over I opened my eyes and moved my arms. I didn't see anymore deer so I sat up. I stood up on my feet, Scott doing the same.

"I lost my inhaler. Stay here, I'm going to try and find it." He told me. I nodded my head hugging myself.

Scott had his phone out trying to use the screen as a light. I followed once he was getting to far away. I don't want to be alone in the woods right now. I looked down at my feet as I walked, trying not to trip. The next thing I know Scott screamed out and went tumbling down a big hill.

"Scott!" I yelled out running towards him. I tripped and I fell down the hill following Scott. Once I got to the bottom I landed on my wrist the wrong way. I cried out from the pain. Scott ran over to me and asked "what? What's wrong?"

"I think my wrist is broke. It hurts Scott" I told him trying to keep the tears in. "Come on. When we get back to my house I will check it out." He said.

When he tried to help me up he looked behind me and he looked terrified. When I got to my feet, I turned around and that's when I saw the red eyes.

I heard a growl, I started running, grabbing Scott's hand with my good one in the process. I wasn't just going to leave him.

I felt Scott's hand being ripped from my grip. I turned around to see Scott on the ground, struggling with the animal that was attacking us was. The animal was as dark as the night sky with no moon.

I ran up to them and kicked the creature in the stomach but it didn't phase it. It turned it's head towards me, and swiped it's leg at me throwing me against a tree.

I gasped out in pain. I couldn't get back up to try and save Scott. I could only watch as the creature bit Scott. He yelled out in pain. Then it came towards me. Stalking me. Red eyes blazing with anger. It didn't waste time to bite my shoulder. I screamed out so loud it hurt my own ears. It let go of me and searched my face inches from it's own. I tried backing away but I couldn't move. I was already against a tree.

The creature backed away into the shadows of the woods. Scott limped over to me holding his side. He tried to to help me up. Once I got I croaked out "are you okay?"

"I'm fine. We need to run we need to get out of these woods." He replied. I nodded my head holding my shoulder and started running with him. We ran, and didn't look back. Even when we heard The Howl.

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

672 words this chapter. Tell me what you think.