Chapter one

Today was the first day of my new school, I was now starting year 10.. I was so scared, terrified in fact. I took a deep breathe and jumped into the car.

''Goodbye Riley, be good.''

Whenever Mum said that I knew it would be a bad day. I'm the complete opposite to your average kid. Did I not mention.. this was no ordinary school. It was a school for children that got excluded from mainstream education.

I walked inside, fear consuming my whole mind. You would think I was use to new places, considering I never had any stability within my education.

I met with my tutor Ethan Williams.

''Hey Riley, I will be your tutor from now on. You will be spending majority of your lessons with me.''

''Yes sir.'' Ethan was young, in his 20's, I must admit very attractive for a teacher. But he seemed very bigheaded.

'' At this school you call us by our first name.''

This school was very different from mainstream education. We only get taught English and maths. Most of the time we'll be on trips or doing something they considered 'fun'

*One week later*

I realised I knew quite a few people who went to this school and already our behaviours started to deteriorate. I made a really good bond with a girl named Louise. She was very much like me.

''I really can't be bothered to go to Ethan's class today, where can we hide Riley?''

I was right about Ethan, he loved himself too much and I couldn't stand his sarcastic remarks he always made towards me. I definitely was not attending his lesson.

''I'm not sure Louise. But someone's coming!''

We started running upstairs. We spotted Lucy on our way. Lucy was very tall, always seemed as though she tried to fit in too much. But we allowed her to join in with us.

''Riley, Louise, Lucy, come here right now'' Betty shouted. Betty was the head teacher who was absolutely useless at her job.

She chased us upstairs

'' What do we do now?'' Lucy asked.

'' Quick lets get the lift'' Louise implied.

We got into the lift as Betty arrived. We pressed the button and watched the doors shut. Betty's face was priceless.

We ran around the school looking for somewhere to hide, but the school was so small and cctv was everywhere!

I tried a door handle on a random door and it opened, it led us to a medical room which was out of use.

''Quick in here'' I shouted

We all got inside, knowing we wouldn't be found because the door was locked so they'd never suspect a thing.

1 hour had passed and I was right they couldn't find us anywhere. We heard them talking about us right near the door. We decided time was up and we should leave. We walked out of this darkened room and waited to be punished.

''Right you're all being sent home, we cannot accept that unacceptable behaviour. Your taxi will be here shortly.''